Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shirt tied around the waist

I never did care for this look.  From the back it looks like a bathroom flap.  Don't like around the shoulders either.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper    The fabric from which this dress was made was also available in a top which I bought and returnedc, in the blue.  It's very rubbery and clingy, like D&C's Perfect Jersey.  That may be why Leah was wearing the duster.  I didn't like the fabric. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Itl's a preppy look to me and has been around for years.  I always wore a sweater tied around my waist with a little skirt when I was in college.  I still sometimes do it.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Agreed. I would have to get a belt.  Per the length of the dress.  Why isn't there a petite?  I'm 5'4" and I wear my skirts the way the models do....above the knee.  I like my knees (and the legs)  Although most of the posters probably complain the length is too short.  They want to hide their knees.

Honored Contributor

@songbird  I like the length too.  But I don't like the TSV swing design.  It's a little too much extra material widening the hips for me.  A belt is fantastic for that (but I don't wear belts Smiley Very Happy)

The two t-shirt dresses I already own and love are this same length I think.  By Denim & Co. Beach in perfect jersey (item A254235), but sold out.  It's at least 3 or 4 years old.  That dress is less of the swing in the bottom half, and is more a shift style and my preferred v-neck, with pockets.    It's actually called a cover-up, but what's in a name?  It's my perfect t-shirt dress.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I said it on another thread, I'll say it here. When a tsv clothing item is unflattering or poorly cut in its original form, they immediately show it "styled" with jackets, or other camouflage accessories. They were doing it at midnight with the Issac dress. Not once have I seen the dress on it own. An annoying sales ploy. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

The only time I tie a sweater or jacket around my waist is if I am walking the dog and I get too hot.  It keeps me hands free and certainly isn't a fashion statement.  Also, the sweater tied around the shoulder?  I have always hated this preppy look and I think it really looks stupid on men.  I don't think your everyday man is going to sport that look......just saying.  I know my DH never would.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I would say just an option for those who like to take a layering piece with them.  I get cold but warm outside.  Don't always want it hanging off my arm or stuffed in my bag.  I think cute idea if on vacation and sight seeing.  

Just an idea and she is having some fun with the dress.  

Why pick at that.  Don't have to do.

Respected Contributor

I have a couple Denim and Company dresses and a Susan Graver one I purchased a couple years ago and those are my summer dresses.  Fit me well.  

I don't need the TSV and not sure work for me.  But there are others on the Q.

Respected Contributor

She just meant that was one way she might wear it, along with the other accessories she chose -- something a little different and fun. Probably not how I would wear it, but I know my taste is very different from many others here.