Respected Contributor

Well, do I have a shipping story today.  On august 1,  i ordered a dress and a sweater from Talbots.  I must admit I had forgotten about it.  Wednesday it is delivered.  I open it and i didnt like either item.  (what was I thinking) anyway I went to the store today to return and was informed that since it was ordered in August that is was beyond the 60 day return policy all I was entitled to was a merchandise credit.  I tried to explain (unsucessfully) to the sales clerk and the store manager that I just got it.  I was told that the policy is 60 days.  So I go to my car and call customer service.  The first lady I spoke with looked it up and said she didnt see why they wouldnt take it back it was just a few days so try again.  I went back in the store (I got my steps in today) and nope no refund.  So I call again and the gentlemen in customer service says nope, sorry the refund clock starts when you place the order.  So I thank him and hang up and call on more time....Well the lady I spoke with checks the order, and it shows it was delivered on Wednesday!  She had a good laugh and said good grief anyone could have checked this.  I told her all I want is return the items.  She issuesd me a postage paid label and told me to mail it back.  She was very nice!  So, I guess the good thing is I got my steps in and my package is going back tomorrow!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

Well, do I have a shipping story today.  On august 1,  i ordered a dress and a sweater from Talbots.  I must admit I had forgotten about it.  Wednesday it is delivered.  I open it and i didnt like either item.  (what was I thinking) anyway I went to the store today to return and was informed that since it was ordered in August that is was beyond the 60 day return policy all I was entitled to was a merchandise credit.  I tried to explain (unsucessfully) to the sales clerk and the store manager that I just got it.  I was told that the policy is 60 days.  So I go to my car and call customer service.  The first lady I spoke with looked it up and said she didnt see why they wouldnt take it back it was just a few days so try again.  I went back in the store (I got my steps in today) and nope no refund.  So I call again and the gentlemen in customer service says nope, sorry the refund clock starts when you place the order.  So I thank him and hang up and call on more time....Well the lady I spoke with checks the order, and it shows it was delivered on Wednesday!  She had a good laugh and said good grief anyone could have checked this.  I told her all I want is return the items.  She issuesd me a postage paid label and told me to mail it back.  She was very nice!  So, I guess the good thing is I got my steps in and my package is going back tomorrow!  LOL

It just shouldn't be this hard. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 @Franklinbell It shouldn't be this hard, but it is. It seems what should be simple task involving any kind of company becomes a major hassle. I won't even go into the experience I had trying to cancel my wireless Verizon phone. It appears a large number of the population cannot think. They are on some kind of automatic pilot that often takes them off course.

I am just glad you got the items returned, but I am fairly certain you had a better way to spend your day.

Respected Contributor

Agreed!!  Hope you get your issue resolved!

Esteemed Contributor
I think the whole world of customer service is reliant on getting that ONE person who has common sense and is willing to take a moment to check the details. I am sure CS reps get graded on how quickly they can clear a call, regardless of the outcome.

I have been trying to resolve an issue for 5 weeks and every person I speak with or get an email from, kindly tells me they will have issue resolved in 3 business days. SIGH. 5 weeks later, still fighting the battle. It's $2500 issue*, so you can be sure I won't let it go. Calls start again on Monday. And yes, keeping track of who I talked to, when I called & what they said to me.

IT SHOULD NOT BE SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO DO THE RIGHT THING!!

*I would pursue even if it was a small amount after the run around I've had to deal with.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

Re: Shipping woes!

[ Edited ]

I have a story to tell of how long it took for merchandise to be sent from Talbots. In 2016 I placed an order on Cyber Monday--free shipping and a bit of a discount. It was supposed to arrive prior to Christmas. I track my packages right around the time they are supposed to be delivered. I did that for a few days at the appointed time it was to have arrived. It seems that the package was unable to be tracked. I talked to a few customer service agents from Talbots and all said could not track it--it was like the package up and got lost or just disappeared. Talbots did sent out the Items a second time and this time they were tracked by myself and the woman who really worked with me on this order. So I received them just a day or two before Christmas. Not a big deal. That was December and all seemed to be OK--Talbots acknowledged that they lost the package. In October of 2017, my father passed. It was a Sunday and the next day was Columbus Day --so no mail delivery. So imagine my surprise when a package from Talbots arrived on Oct 10, 2017. I had not placed an order with them. I just figured that someone was sending a late birthday gift as it was Sept 10. Nope, in that package was the original order from Cyber Monday 2016. It had the invoice date on it and everything. The packaging was a bit worse for wear but the clothing was fine.

I figured my dad had a hand in delivering it to me Smiley Happy. I did return this package of the original order as I had had the order replaced. Luckily, I was friendly with one of the managers at the time at Talbots and she was aware of the issue from 2016. I did not have any problem in bringing back these items. I did not want a credit I just wanted the items to be with them since I had the replacement. But this was close to 11 months later that I received the goods.

Respected Contributor

Oh my!

Esteemed Contributor

I would think twice ordering from them again....