Regular Contributor

Re: Shipping multiples in one package FOLDED

I liked this post. But people do have questions and sometimes so do I.  Why ship two sweaters(Halston TSV) or two Isaac t shirts separately when they could be shipped in the same bag or box without any trouble or folding them? I jump for joy, when I order something in clothing and the paper is still there and the top or whatever is freshly packaged(not having been opened) but I just check merchandise out(sniff, look for flaws, tears, etc If it fits I keep it. Rarely return these days and think back to the days when they would charge 1/2 shipping on same top ordered at same time or when SG shows would charge 1/2 shipping on any multiple item. That was before buy one, get one  3 or 4 $ off.

I still apprciate QVC and other online and mail order companies after a trip to Kohl's yesterday to get underwear(had a gift card balance). It was like looking for a needle in a haystack since the last time I was there. Too many bras and panties in too little an area.

Reminded me of store I stopped shopping in when we lived in TN. They finally went out of business........

Do not mean to digress. Just that all vendors have their plus and minus.

Respected Contributor

I am also interest in knowing more about this because it happened to me a few days ago.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind items being packaged together but do think the shipping should be adjusted. 

Now I play the same game however. When I return I put multiples in one box and off it goes. 

What I do not like lately is there seems to be something amiss in the processing department. I ordered two SG tops. One came perfect and the other was OBVIOUSLY a return. Not only was the bag all ripped but the top had long dark hair all over it and it smelled. Thankfully customer service took care of that. I have since reordered a replacement and I hope I receive a NEW top.

Yesterday I received a pair of jeans I ordered and they were the WRONG JEANS ENTIRELY! The invoice showed the correct item number but the jeans were wrong and of course a different item number on the tag. They weren't even close to what I ordered. I called CS and they handled that as well. They are actually coming to pick up the package instead of me having to take it in to return. 

Regular Contributor

Dear  Kachina624,

I guess you didn't understand what I meant.

How do I know that both of the packages were opened ?

The clothes are packaged in generally a 12 x 15 clear plastic bag

which has the item number on the front. The plastic bag also has a flap

with sticky stuff on it. It is folded from front to back and stuck on the back

of the clear plastic bag to seal it.

I know you know the above but I had to repeat it so you would know what

I am talking about.

What the shipping department did was to UNSEAL the flaps, fold the  12 x 15 

clear plastic bags in half to make the bags 1/2 the size, then RESEAL the flaps.

They weren't very careful when they did that either because I could tell where the seals once were....The bags were ripped across each bag where the flaps originally were.

This is how I know the clothes plastic bags were opened.☺

Super Contributor

I wonder if the items were returns?  My items that have been returned tend to be folded in half.  Even new items can be returned from people that see them online before they air or buy them from the Insider.

Honored Contributor

@Kat 13 wrote:

Hi.. 

This has happed  twice in less than a week. 

The first time was when I ordered an Issac lace top, which was  a separate

order,  and a Susan Graver embellished cardigan.

QVC send them in the same package.

BUT....,.What the shipping department did was actually OPEN each package, fold

the plastic bag that the garments were In and reseal them so the two orders would

fit in the shipping bag !!!!!

Now, I just received another two separate orders the same way.

I ordered a Susan Graver top #A268412 in a XXS, and a SEPARATE order in

a XS,same item number

I was expecting two bags.

They came in the same package and again were opened using that sticky seal, folded and resealed.

REALLY??????

Why did I pay TWO shipping charges ???

I purposely purchased two different sizes knowing that I could exchange one.

Turns out the XXS fits better which in itself is unbelievable as I usually wear a Small

Or Extra-Small in Susan Graver, so I immediately packaged up the XS for an exchange for another XXS.

What the heck is going on with this shipping garbage???

Opening up packages and resealing them ???

Will the do that with underwear too??? ....Y U C K !!

I've finally figured out what @Kat 13 is talking about.  I got two shirts today in packages that were doubled, however they were in separate big, plastic shipping bags.  I don't see any indication they were removed from their bags as the were pristinely folded.  I think that just the type of package the factory in which they were made uses.  I've gotten them before.  They certainly weren't folded to save space because they were in huge bags.  The adhesive stuck like it had never been opened. 

Some people make a fuss over the most inane things.  I wouldn't have given it a second thought. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I received 2 tops in the same bag and I liked it.  Each top was in it's own clear plastic bag and those bags were sealed as they always are.  At $3 s&h per top, I have no problems with it at all.  The s&h is not JUST the charge for mailing the item, there's the handling part.  Whatever QVC does or doesn't do, some people are going find fault with it.  I make frequent purchases so I appreciate it when they put multiple items in one bag.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I received 2 tops in the same bag and I liked it.  Each top was in it's own clear plastic bag and those bags were sealed as they always are.  At $3 s&h per top, I have no problems with it at all.  The s&h is not JUST the charge for mailing the item, there's the handling part.  Whatever QVC does or doesn't do, some people are going find fault with it.  I make frequent purchases so I appreciate it when they put multiple items in one bag.  

@chrystaltree  You took the words right out of my mouth!  I feel the same way.

Honored Contributor

I see no problem with packing items in one bag for shipping.  It would be my first choice if QVC polled me.

Contributor

The same things happened to me today and I was puzzled regardng how they were folded over.  I received a Susan Graver top and a pair of Legacy leggings in the same envelope but the bags were opened, the garment folded over(while still in the plastic bag) to make it smaller, and then stuck together again.  I paid two shipping charges for the one package.  While I don't mind getting both in one bag, I think it should be at least half off shipping on the second item.

JMHO

WinterGirl~