Respected Contributor

Shipping Method: What Do You Use?

If I'm really in a hurry I always do the "express blue or red" but do you typically use the standard delivery or upgrade? I find the standard shipping soooo slow that it may be worth it to pay extra and get it sooner. Maybe it's because I can't wait to see my new Linea?

Valued Contributor

Re: Shipping Method: What Do You Use?

If I'm anxious to get something, like I'm working on putting together a specific outfit, I do the UPS Express, not the most expensive one which is called UPS Premium (I think). I agree shipping is very very slow from QVC. They don't even send the packages until at least five days have passed, and then they seem to sit in Pennsylvania for a couple days before heading on west. QVC packages take at least two weeks to arrive.

I remember the good ole days when one of the great things about QVC, aside from that they used to have good pricing, was they shipped quickly, like within two days of ordering. But at some point a couple years ago, they must have drastically reduced the size of their shipping department.

I try to remember, when I'm not in a big hurry to select First Class Mail when the option is offered, or else UPS because the "Best Standard Delivery" adds a couple more days because UPS takes the packages to the Post Office down the street from me, and then they have to sort and put up for delivery.

Valued Contributor

My problem is not with the shipping but staying ""in process"" for days. Once shipped I get it pretty fast.

Super Contributor

I've always just done mail. Now when they do the UPS/PO thing, it does add two or three days. I didn't even know what was going on for awhile when they first started this system because I never used the UPS option. Finally, the post office gave me the scoop, ha, ha.
Esteemed Contributor

A lot of times, you can select "UPS" instead of "Best Standard Delivery" for the same price or maybe 50 cents more. If you do that, you cut out that UPS/ Post Office hand off that adds 2-3 days to the delivery time.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

i always request UPS, but i never pay any extra to upgrade. i wont pay more just to get it a day or two sooner. the shipping fees are high enough as it is.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I do not ever extra and just go with best delivery. Once something ships I typically get it the next day (in NJ). 95% of the time things come UPS.
Valued Contributor

I only use the "best method" when I'm ordering several pieces and the savings on each adds up enough to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, I consider "best method" to be what's best for QVC. When I have something shipped "best" it not only slows down at the hand off from UPS to USPS, but I've tracked the locations along the route and have had items reach the post office location one hour from me within only 2-3 days, but then have it sit in that blasted PO for another SEVEN days. Apparently "best" means that the post office can treat it like postcards...in exchange for the little bit of savings, they can deliver at will.

If it is only a couple items on an order, I will select UPS and pay the .50 extra to get it sooner.

Honored Contributor

I used to chose Best Method and found most of the time it went UPS Ground! So I started to choose UPS Ground anyway. With the awful winter we have had, I switched to USPS for a while and now am back to UPS Ground again.

They both arrive within the same time frames (2-3 day or less once it ships).

Once a C/S rep told me over the phone that if you choose UPS Blue (2 day delivery) the warehouse processes those first as they have to be out sooner due to that 2 day delivery request you chose-- items do not loll in the warehouse for 5 days if you choose this method (UPS Blue).

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I ordered something from ITKWD last Sunday. It was in process until Friday when it changed to ""Shipped"" but today the tracking info says ""billing information received"" which means it's still sitting in the Q warehouse. On Tuesday when I saw that it hadn't shipped yet I tried to cancel but the system wouldn't let me because it was in the process of shipping. I'm done with QVC.