Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Method: What Do You Use?

I am on the West Coast and it takes a good 10 days to get anything delivered. There is no tracking until it hits Portland, Oregon and then I usually get it in Washington State the next day. I have upgraded a couple of times but it did not seem to make much difference.

Super Contributor

I have never used special types of delivery of any kind until last night. I ordered a bracelet for about $500 and I just felt better shipping it faster. I don't remember what the service is called but it was about $6 extra. Also, I'm crazy excited about it. :-)
Respected Contributor

I like the shipping method that says FREE. I have never paid extra for shipping and probably wouldn't. There isn't anything I want that bad or that fast.

I normally have to wait 7-10 days for Q but the last two items I received in 4 days. What a shock and they were WL.

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2014 DiAnne said:

I am on the West Coast and it takes a good 10 days to get anything delivered. There is no tracking until it hits Portland, Oregon and then I usually get it in Washington State the next day. I have upgraded a couple of times but it did not seem to make much difference.

It's about the same for me in Colorado--at least 7 to 10 days. It's awful!

Honored Contributor

Whenever it's available, I use USPS. First, I want to support the USPS. Secondly, I'm never in hurry to get my purchases. It's not like I'm buying life saving medication. I am in MA and delivery is usually in 4-5 days. I live in a condo complex and UPS leaves my packages in the inner hallway. I have never lost anything but it's only a matter of time. I prefer dropping by the post office on Saturday mornings and picking up my packages. I can live with FEDEX, they leave my packages at the Condo Office. The ladies in the office are very nice and very accommodating and don't mind holding packages. But I don't like to over do it. So, sometimes I will changed the FEDEX delivery date to a Saturday.

Regular Contributor

I live in a Minneapolis suburb. I used UPS for years. I hated waiting for days after ordering to get packages into a truck, then more days for intermediate shipping until it finally got to UPS in Illinois, then 1 or 2 more days to get to me (up to 4 more days, if a weekend was involved).

Now I use the postal service and my orders almost always come in 5 days or less, versus at least 7 to 10 days by other carriers.

Honored Contributor

I'm lucky to an extent, as I have a post office box. They give me Priority rate for the same as Best. I never pay for accelerated shipping, it just seems like a waste of money. Its too much of a gamble buying for gifts or special occasions. I order something, sit back and relax, and am pleasantly surprised when it shows up. Life is too short for that extra stress.