Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,415
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

I love warm tones like this terracotta Cavern Clay.  It's pretty here on this home, but it's not shown to its best advantage in the other S-W images as they all feature too much white as a contrast.  

Instead of too much white as a contrast, I prefer it with the black trim in the photo below. 

 

Image result for sherwin williams cavern clay

 

Cavern Clay Dining Room

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,525
Registered: ‎06-19-2010

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

Yes it would work here in Arizona. We use browns, gray, and off white. We don’t do blue, yellow or bright colored houses. If someone painted their house yellow or blue they would be the oddball and not very popular. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,858
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

[ Edited ]

I like it here. ITA does not look good with all the white.

Looks good with what looks like a sage green color in the 2nd pic in the other room.

 

Image result for sherwin williams cavern clay

 

Related image

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,567
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

I like it, my kitchen, tv room and living room are those colors.

 

BTW why is this thread in the fashion forum?

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,858
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...


@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I like it, my kitchen, tv room and living room are those colors.

 

BTW why is this thread in the fashion forum?


@Imaoldhippie

 

LOL!!! Because we are a little off topic. The OP wanted to know how the color would impact fashion & home goods.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,180
Registered: ‎04-10-2012

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I like it here. ITA does not look good with all the white.

Looks good with what looks like a sage green color in the 2nd pic in the other room.

 

I love it heathered as the second picture shows ....this is a tricky color family, as it easily can look too pinky or orangey depending on the lighting etc.

 Eta....I faux finished a wall in this color and I wound up layering another shade over it to get it right.

Image result for sherwin williams cavern clay

 

Related image


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,858
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...


@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I like it here. ITA does not look good with all the white.

Looks good with what looks like a sage green color in the 2nd pic in the other room.

 

I love it heathered as the second picture shows ....this is a tricky color family, as it easily can look too pinky or orangey depending on the lighting etc.

 Eta....I faux finished a wall in this color and I wound up layering another shade over it to get it right.

Image result for sherwin williams cavern clay

 

Related image


 


@Azcowgirl

 

The lighting definitely makes a difference.

ITA with the heathered look in the 2nd pic. I like it much better.

It's kind of like the brushed suede we have in the living room.

We used to have fluorescent lights in the kitchen. When we replaced the counter it made them look a horrible color. We changed the tube color & it looked like what we thought it was going to look like. We eventually installed new lighting.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,415
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

Here's something:

Related image

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,685
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

[ Edited ]

Looks like baby poop in the kitchen but I like it white washed on the walls with the crystal chandelier.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Posts: 43,078
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

Re: Sherwin Williams color of the year is gorgeous...

[ Edited ]

Italian leather from Sundance.

 

CAMILA HEELS

 

There were about 6 different styles with this color.