Occasional Contributor
I really would like a basic sheath dress. Long enough to skim my knee. I want something sleeveless so I can wear it with one of Isaac M 's great cardigans. I love that look. A sheath in a basic color can go anywhere and look good. No one does updated classics like IM.
Respected Contributor

I agree - I also love sheath dresses~very chic!

Trusted Contributor

Very chic and very versatile! A simple, plain sheath can be worn on its own or under various kinds of jackets or cardigans, with jewelry, with scarves, dressed up, dressed down........in many ways to achieve different fashion "looks".

Occasional Contributor
Just looking at dresses again! Saw a few that are sheath dresses that I love, however they are just too short for a 60s women. I still have good legs but I do not want to look like I am trying to look 30 again bc frankly I like being my age! I need/want a dress that is long enough to brush my knee not 2-3 inches above my knee. I am a women who wore mini skirts most of the time in the 60s but when your IN your 60s the short lengths just do not work. Please somebody make a classic sheath that is long enough for me! May be a 42 inch length? Not sure exactly but I know that when I see the models and the dress is 2-3 inches above their knee I lose interest bc I know that is too short for me.
Respected Contributor

I love mine too from plain black to a flowered pattern. All too often I'll see a cute one that I'd love to have, but the hem is way too short for me. A 39-40" length works for me, at my knees.

Frequent Contributor
Lands end has some nice dresses
Frequent Contributor
Boscovs dept store online has some really cute ones
Trusted Contributor

There are many on the JC Penny site on sale from $24 to $35.

Regular Contributor
Nordstrom's and sometimes Nordstrom's Rack has this classic style. Purchased several. Lately have seen some black sheath styles at TJMaxx by Ralph Lauren.
Trusted Contributor

There was a very pretty print floral dress and lace at the bottom from an Isaac's show and it sold out so quickly. I agree that the sheaths are versatile.

Miata 1