Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Secretariat1 

I'm sure you've heard the expression 'Black don't crack!'

There's actually scientific basis to that. Has to do with the type of melanin in their skin.

I looked it up and found an article written by a dermatologist...

I watched the first Hunger Games a while back and foolishly asked my daughter 'who's the Lenny Kravit'z looking guy in the movie?' She said 'you mean Lenny Kravitz??'

No way!! He's MY AGE?!! LOL

57?!!

Lenny Kravitz.jpg

that is so offensive! And actually she is only half black 

Frequent Contributor

Oprah has made that comment on her show before. It's been awhile but I heard her say it.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

She's not married and has no children.  Those two things are very aging. They'll make you old before your time. 

@Kachina624

Probably true in some cases, but I know a few women in their 50s and 60s who look good even though they're married and raised children. Someone single without children could have health issues or an unhealthy lifestyle and look older than they really are too. I also think genetics has a lot to do with how we look as we age. 

@wilma 

OR, how much sun damage they have.  Sun damage will cancel out age every time, unfortunately!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Secretariat1 

I'm sure you've heard the expression 'Black don't crack!'

There's actually scientific basis to that. Has to do with the type of melanin in their skin.

I looked it up and found an article written by a dermatologist...

I watched the first Hunger Games a while back and foolishly asked my daughter 'who's the Lenny Kravit'z looking guy in the movie?' She said 'you mean Lenny Kravitz??'

No way!! He's MY AGE?!! LOL

57?!!

Lenny Kravitz.jpg

@Andreatoo   Sorry. Don't appreciate that expression especailly NOW. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

She's not married and has no children.  Those two things are very aging. They'll make you old before your time. 

@Kachina624   ....Especially raising MY daughter....She gave me most of my grey hairs.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Rachel has pretty skin but guessed her in her 50's. Not saying Rachel, but I think most of the Q hosts in their late 40's and 50's have botox and fillers. I don't think Mary Beth has though. Mary Beth seems one who is going au naturel all the way. 

You can always tell when they have no forehead lines when expressing. I was watching ShopHQ and pretty Heather. She had so much botox, her forehead and all around her eyes could not make a move. It makes a person look so strange. 

Honored Contributor

What constitutes "looks her age"? Did I miss the sign up sheet for visual age criteria?

I look old enough to be DH's mother, and in the past was sometimes addressed as such.

Honored Contributor

Re: She's What Age?!

[ Edited ]

I would have guessed her age to be around 55.  Nothing wrong with that....she is lovely and is a wonderful host.

Trusted Contributor

She looks very young in my opinion.  People of certain races and ethnic backgrounds have skin that doesn't wrinkle the way skin on other people does.  In fact, I notice a lot of cosmetic companies are using black and brown models in their commercials to advertise skin creams.  It cracks me up because those models will look just as good as they do now in twenty years.  How lucky they are to be blessed with strong genes.  Beautiful women!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Lol. this is trueSmiley Happy