Honored Contributor

Re: She can't be serious

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@Andreatoo  I stated that "Logo  is probably the most eclectic line sold here as most everything else is so conservativelly one type of classic clothing." Most of the clothing sold here is basically the same conservative classic style and what I was conveying is that Logo is way different than what is normally sold here!  There is no diversity in most of what clothing is sold here and each designer has their own basically the same designs so Logo is eclectic compared to those!!

@Pook

I agree with everything you just said. It's when you threw in 'eclectic' I took exception. To me it implies diversity within itself; not just an alternative to others.

Lori has a design asthetic that is distinctive to her.

I think she designs for the way she likes to dress and it's a happy, and profitable, accident that it's so well received.

Esteemed Contributor

Popcorn anyone?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

Just flipped on the Logo show and first Jennifer starts by saying "arguably the most fashionable line on QVC". Okay, she does know there are many other clothing lines on QVC, right? She dissed Isaac, Linea, Halston, right off the bat. 

Then she shows some hideous coat that looks like that yellow monstrosity Lori wore to the Met Ball a few years ago. Who would wear that giant ball of fluff and think they look good? I don't care if it was in a runway show, it is hideous. it looked like an old fashioned dustmop my mother used to have. Good grief. 

A big "oops!" Lol. Can you imagine a host saying re: one of the many skincare lines sold on the Q: "This is arguably the best skincare line on QVC." Yikes!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@libbyannE

Believe it or not, Jennifer was one of the best hosts on Q when she worked the late shift (I always watched her when I was up around 2 AM).  She was an absolute joy to watch Smiley Happy

I saw her during the day for the first time last week.  She was interrupting the guest constantly, which was not the norm for her on late night hours.  She just didn't seem comfortable in her surroundings or something.  Something was definately off.  She wasn't relaxed; and she was talking faster than normal.  It was like watching a different Jennifer Smiley Sad

Not sure why she's no longer laid back.

Unfortunately, she was probably instructed by the higher-ups to do the primetime "hard-sell."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: She can't be serious

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If one wants to think that every designer on QVC who does an asymetrical hem item is doing it a la Lori G., than Linea's A267881 tunic would qualify as a logoish item.  It's even in the same rayon/spandex material. 

~~~~~

I purchased a white cotton shirt from Diane Gilman with the same asymetrical hem well over ten years ago ... 

And  if Logolovers want to take credit for a style that came on the shopping channel scene long before she arrived at the Q ... well, alrighty then.

Respected Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@libbyannE

Believe it or not, Jennifer was one of the best hosts on Q when she worked the late shift (I always watched her when I was up around 2 AM).  She was an absolute joy to watch Smiley Happy

I saw her during the day for the first time last week.  She was interrupting the guest constantly, which was not the norm for her on late night hours.  She just didn't seem comfortable in her surroundings or something.  Something was definately off.  She wasn't relaxed; and she was talking faster than normal.  It was like watching a different Jennifer Smiley Sad

Not sure why she's no longer laid back.

@Qshopper1991

i never saw her then. I should cut her some slack. Perhaps she us being pressured by producers and that's what I see. I was unkind.

Respected Contributor

I couldn't agree with you more. This hem line was aroubnd way befor Logo. They used to call them "handkerchief hems" way before they were shark bite hems. I own some Logo pieces, but I am not under some illusion that Lori designs them. That's what Excel and all of those companies do. I would hope Lori sits in on the meetings but they have teams of designers designing the clothes. Do you really think Brad and Cameron design C Wonder and Halston?I don't think so.

Respected Contributor

@Marlyn1 wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. This hem line was aroubnd way befor Logo. They used to call them "handkerchief hems" way before they were shark bite hems. I own some Logo pieces, but I am not under some illusion that Lori designs them. That's what Excel and all of those companies do. I would hope Lori sits in on the meetings but they have teams of designers designing the clothes. Do you really think Brad and Cameron design C Wonder and Halston?I don't think so.

I think of all the "designers" on QVC, Lori probably is the most involved...

Respected Contributor

Many of the clothings lines at the Q are owned by the same company, designed by the same design teams, and manufactured in the same factories.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind