Respected Contributor

Their job is to sell for QVC.  It gets old - some hosts are more down to earth than others.  I can't take all the drama of the ones that "love, love, love" everything.    

Respected Contributor

Re: She can't be serious

[ Edited ]

There are some very successful designers that do a QVC line that have been much honored - Louis Dell Olio, Bob Mackie, Isaac Mizrahi and Dennis Basso(his furrier line).  All are award winning especially Dell Olio.  The host sounded ridiculous saying that LOGO is the most fashionable line on QVC and acted like Lori Goldstein is in a league with the aforementioned gentlemen.  She is a former stylist not a trained clothes designer.

There are a lot of people that enjoy the LOGO line. She has some cute tops.  If you enjoy her clothing, absolutely buy it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

For all the angst and gnashing of teeth with the "how horrible" and "bag lady" posts and now the "dissing" of other designers here, let me say that every single other designer here has added logo look-alike designs to their line.

@Buck-i-Nana...

If you're talking about the "shark-bite" designs, these were around long, long before Logo (Eileen Fisher used this concept well over 25 years ago) ... and I don't know one "other designer" here who piles on the layers like Logo, certainly not Linea or Mackie.

Honored Contributor

I would think that many that post here do not like Logo because they like and are used to the more conservative type of clothing as opposed to anything that doesn't fit their idea of what fashion is!!  Logo is probably the most eclectic line sold here as most everything else is so conservativelly one type of classic clothing.  No right or wrong just a matter of personal taste.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE  There isn't one designer who copied any type of logo top.  These tops have been out for years - they're called maternity tops.

Valued Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I would think that many that post here do not like Logo because they like and are used to the more conservative type of clothing as opposed to anything that doesn't fit their idea of what fashion is!!  Logo is probably the most eclectic line sold here as most everything else is so conservativelly one type of classic clothing.  No right or wrong just a matter of personal taste.

hmm,, well, I will say that is partly true. When I worked I dressed professionally and almost always chose RL as my choice of clothing because the pieces were classic and I could wear them for years and always look appropriate and stylish.

With that said in my personal life I would consider my style trendy or eclectic as you say however, nothing I wore would elicit comments like "is she wearing a diaper"? Case in point was looking at Stacy last night, I saw her wearing a tunic top with some godets sewed on the sides. Why didn't they just stop there? No, they had to put some kind of top underneath, white, just hanging out like a misplaced bib. How could someone look at that and think wow, that's chic as Lori likes to say? Would you? Would anyone?

I know people don't have to layer but why does she insist on showing her clothes that way? How does that intice anyone to spend 50,60,70 bucks on this stuff? Maybe if you live in Greenwich Village or Soho you can look trendy but not in my area. 

Respected Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

For all the angst and gnashing of teeth with the "how horrible" and "bag lady" posts and now the "dissing" of other designers here, let me say that every single other designer here has added logo look-alike designs to their line.

@Buck-i-Nana...

If you're talking about the "shark-bite" designs, these were around long, long before Logo (Eileen Fisher used this concept well over 25 years ago) ... and I don't know one "other designer" here who piles on the layers like Logo, certainly not Linea or Mackie.

@SoX - True, but they weren't being sold big time, especially on the Q, until Lori brought them.  As for piling on the layers, you're right, but from my reading the majority of LG lovers don't pile on the layers either and are quite pleased with their purchases.  The adding of the mixed media, chiffon hems, the draped pockets and such didn't show up in the other lines here (including Linea) until Lori.  As for Mackie, well, no, he hasn't embraced....then again, he hasn't embraced anything new since his first appearance on the Q JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

She is my LEAST  favorite QVC salesperson. Tries too hard. No credibility. Oh, dear, I am being negative, but honest.

Agree!!!!!

Such a drama queen when selling something!!!

Honored Contributor

I have many, many logo things.  But I only wear one item at a time (unless I'm wearing a top and a sweater), and I generally wear them with jeans. I like color combinations that work together (even though I usually wear black), and I don't believe "everything goes with everything."

I do believe however, that the logo prices have gotten too high.  I used to buy loads of the cotton/cashmere sweaters when they were at the $50 price point; now, at the $70+ price point I'm not interested.  At about 5% cashmere they're just not worth it.

The regular shirts have gotten pricey too.  I tend to wait for specials or an occasional "as is."

Honored Contributor

SSDD