Frequent Contributor

Re: She Must Read the Forums...

I love Shawn's style in presenting products..it is a shopping channel. QVC wants you to buy! Also it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone that QVC staff reads these boards.. after all this internet board is paid for by them, sponsored on their own site. Iam sure they get a lot of laughs out of some of the posts. Iam sure they are also taken aback by some of the cruelty towards the hosts. The argument that they are on TV so therefore "fair game" is pretty lame.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Krimpette said:

She may think she's honest, but I heard her embellish the truth on Isaac's show last week. Honest, she was not.

Sad but true, Krimpette.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 taja123 said:
On 3/24/2015 Iwantcoffee said:
On 3/23/2015 TrailBlazer05 said:
On 3/23/2015 sparklestar said:
On 3/23/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 3/23/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

dont worry sunshine kate.....i have no clue what this is about either! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It was just another blown out of proportion incident that occurred on Shawn's show last week. It's a long story ... much ado about nothing.

I LOVE hearing Shawn made a joke about this silly incident that was much ado about nothing last week. Was this during a product presentation? I'd love to watch the video on it. Obviously, I missed that part of PM Style tonight Lol! Smile

The incident may have been silly but making a joke about it while working on tv is unprofessional at best. Making a joke out of people is never cool.

Not a good thing to make jokes and decide to fight back with customers.

I would agree w/ your comment.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Ford1224 said:

Shawn said last night that her feet were cured by Vionics shoes.

Well,I declare it's a doggone miracle. Look at all the money Vionics saved her in all those trips she told us about to her Podiatrist. It was just terrible all that misery she suffered b/ of her afflicted feet. And her inability to wear fashion shoes. I'm surprised she didn't use a cane b/c of her poor feet. Guess she'll chuck all those Vionics she so adored.

It is a miracle. Cured by Vionics? I wager this will warrant a new inspirational charm, with a very serious sales spiel. Maybe a little foot charm with an attached Vionic slip on. It could be offered in sterling, bronzo, or steel. If you're having a bad day, and your dogs are barking, slip the little Vionic charm on the foot charm to signify that your feet are really speaking to you; if it's an all clear, a mini-gladiator charm or Prada charm with a five inch heel. Maybe an Issac moc charm for those in-between days when your feet are mute. (no gel; that was embellishment.) The possibilities are endless.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Celticrose said:
On 3/24/2015 Ford1224 said:

Shawn said last night that her feet were cured by Vionics shoes.

Well,I declare it's a doggone miracle. Look at all the money Vionics saved her in all those trips she told us about to her Podiatrist. It was just terrible all that misery she suffered b/ of her afflicted feet. And her inability to wear fashion shoes. I'm surprised she didn't use a cane b/c of her poor feet. Guess she'll chuck all those Vionics she so adored.

It is a miracle. Cured by Vionics? I wager this will warrant a new inspirational charm, with a very serious sales spiel. Maybe a little foot charm with an attached Vionic slip on. It could be offered in sterling, bronzo, or steel. If you're having a bad day, and your dogs are barking, slip the little Vionic charm on the foot charm to signify that your feet are really speaking to you; if it's an all clear, a mini-gladiator charm or Prada charm with a five inch heel. Maybe an Issac moc charm for those in-between days when your feet are mute. (no gel; that was embellishment.) The possibilities are endless.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

The number of participants on this forum are insignificant compared to the number of actual QVC shoppers. $$ spent speaks volumes, rants of forums are but a whisper.

Considering the years of endless repetitive yipes from the same participants here about the same hosts that "they" intensely dislike simply reinforces the fact that the opinions expressed here are little more than an pinch on the part of the people paid to monitor the goings on here. If they made a difference, there would be more than the occasional "splainin'" being done and actual changes being made.

Knock yourselves out ladies.

Regular Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

The number of participants on this forum are insignificant compared to the number of actual QVC shoppers. $$ spent speaks volumes, rants of forums are but a whisper.

Considering the years of endless repetitive yipes from the same participants here about the same hosts that "they" intensely dislike simply reinforces the fact that the opinions expressed here are little more than an pinch on the part of the people paid to monitor the goings on here. If they made a difference, there would be more than the occasional "splainin'" being done and actual changes being made.

That's true. Then why do they print out these forums (according to someone upthread), and pass them on to the host? Better yet, why delete them? It's not like anybody is paying any attention to us or anything.

Respected Contributor

That's true. Then why do they print out these forums (according to someone upthread), and pass them on to the host? Better yet, why delete them? It's not like anybody is paying any attention to us or anything.

I don't work for the Q, can't tell you what they do or don't do or why. If it were up to me, I would print some of them out for comic relief and others for documentation on a psych project. They probably do it to watch for legitimate trends, and perhaps, as in the case of the "shoving" claim, to stop the rumor mills and escalation.

Super Contributor

What speaks volumes to me is the fact Shawn IS explaining, and has been. If no one said anything to her, or if she didn't read these threads, or if it really didn't bottom line matter, she would simply go about her business as usual, creating even more "whispers" but not uttering a word. Her defense is her MO. She sells. THAT'S the bottom line. But to a person who regularly quotes the Bible, as I have routinely said, something must bother her enough to speak out about her inconsistencies. So whether it be tptb, her conscience, or just the fact she's annoyed people are actually seeing right through her sales tactic, she is responding. THAT means something. No one is saying they don't personally like Shawn. She is a sales person, we don't know her irl, how can we know her enough to like or dislike her? We only know how she represents herself. What we are saying (at least what I'm saying lol) is I don't like being deceived, especially to make money. And I don't like using tragedy TO sell. You can't be a Bible-quoting, God-fearing person on Sunday, just to ignore The Word the other six days.

Regular Contributor

I don't work for the Q, can't tell you what they do or don't do or why. If it were up to me, I would print some of them out for comic relief and others for documentation on a psych project. They probably do it to watch for legitimate trends, and perhaps, as in the case of the "shoving" claim, to stop the rumor mills and escalation.

I vote for comic relief! I've seem some funny stuff! I've also seen some hosts that could benefit from the studies formed from that psych project as well, so it's all good!