Honored Contributor

@dex 

It was not my post.  I never heard of him and have no knowledge of behind the scenes speculations.

It was @Johnnyeager  statement about her mentor retiring .  My response was that none of us could know what Shawn is thinking.

@dex wrote:

@RespectLife @I have never heard of the guy.How do you know this stuff from behind the scenes?It seems that Shawn is trying harder to be a professional.She has been wearing her hair in some really polished looks as well as dressing very nicely.I like her presentations even more than in the past.

Valued Contributor

I respectfully disagree. I love Shawn and Isaac together - I think she brings out the best in him Smiley Happy I do agree her show last night (Tuesday 4/9) was AWESOME!! I ordered so many things from that show, I surprised myself! Her presentations were wonderful and she was calm and fun Smiley Happy One of her best shows, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I think that her former Boss and Mentor having just retired might have put the fear of God into her.

That's a large assumption and quite a bit of speculation.  No one could possibly know how SK would respond/react to his retirement.

I appreciate JohnnyEager's careful wording here. Saying that you think a specific event might have triggered a specific reaction makes it clear it is speculation, and not actual knowledge.

While no one knows SKs reaction, there's a fair amount of insightful speculation across these boards.

Esteemed Contributor

Very wise @x Hedge !

Quite often it's not the speculation, it's who is being speculated about that causes the consternation.

Countless threads and posts have been written about a particular host's weight loss, but that appears to be quite acceptable, even though virtually everything said is speculation.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Very wise @x Hedge !

Quite often it's not the speculation, it's who is being speculated about that causes the consternation.

Countless threads and posts have been written about a particular host's weight loss, but that appears to be quite acceptable, even though virtually everything said is speculation.

@Johnnyeager, I don't think that it is "acceptable."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Very wise @x Hedge !

In this instance I didn't pick up on any consternation re: who it was about.

People will speculate. And I've read some wildly strange conclusions in these forums over the years.

Doesn't bother me as long as it's not put out there as if one is stating fact, when it's just speculation. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

OH please, they dont need your advice on pairings. I have enjoyed the both of them for years. What a silly thing to say.