Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,924
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

[ Edited ]

Your point is cogent shoekitty, because as a long time qvc viewer,  I believe there WAS more attention to products in the past, and MUCH LESS CHATTER, I think because so many more people JUST use .com and never watch the "entertainment".

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,162
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

I think Shawn is a very spiritual person.  And in her no -filter world, she just takes her feelings and runs with them.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,403
Registered: ‎06-10-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

Totally agree,her persentation is not for me.Iam sorry when people suffer,but this is not the place to vent.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,806
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

While I do feel Shawn is 100% genuine (just my opinion) in how she shares her faith and the stories she tells, the extent of which it is allowed to go deep into detailed spiritual testimony is both odd and uncomfortable for me on a shopping network.  Shawn does it because QVC not only allows it, but surely encourages it.  QVC allows it because it sells -- plain and simple.  The sales outweigh the viewers who have turned the channel (I am definitely one of the channel changers).  The producer in Shawn's ear is undoubtedly telling her "more, more, more."  Sales is more a psychological/emotional  endeavor, than just a transaction of goods and money.  When she tugs deep enough, that customer is not buying a bracelet, they are buying the emotion that Shawn just tapped into and the reflection it gave them. I get it, but I still question QVC when they soberly delve into a person's most fragile emotions on TV in order to sell a piece of jewelry on a shopping channel.  It's like tapping into someone's fears of being murdered in their bed and describing it in excruciating detail over & over, in order to sell them a home security system.  Just a bit too snake-oily to me.  I think that selling approach can take a few steps back.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,921
Registered: ‎06-12-2013

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

While I get life events happen be it happy or sad it just doesn't need to be always tied into a sales pitch.

 

Life happens but I could do without the religious tone and jewelry for that matter.

Surely there are more flashlights, vionics and Logo they could be selling.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,153
Registered: ‎05-22-2012

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

I've only seen a few things hosted by Shawn and now I don't watch any shows she hosts, even if she's selling my favorite product lines.

 

I'm definitely not buying her personal jewelry line. It feels like she's cashing in on her faith and personal tragedy.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,153
Registered: ‎05-22-2012

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

While I do feel Shawn is 100% genuine (just my opinion) in how she shares her faith and the stories she tells, the extent of which it is allowed to go deep into detailed spiritual testimony is both odd and uncomfortable for me on a shopping network.  Shawn does it because QVC not only allows it, but surely encourages it.  QVC allows it because it sells -- plain and simple.  The sales outweigh the viewers who have turned the channel (I am definitely one of the channel changers).  The producer in Shawn's ear is undoubtedly telling her "more, more, more."  Sales is more a psychological/emotional  endeavor, than just a transaction of goods and money.  When she tugs deep enough, that customer is not buying a bracelet, they are buying the emotion that Shawn just tapped into and the reflection it gave them. I get it, but I still question QVC when they soberly delve into a person's most fragile emotions on TV in order to sell a piece of jewelry on a shopping channel.  It's like tapping into someone's fears of being murdered in their bed and describing it in excruciating detail over & over, in order to sell them a home security system.  Just a bit too snake-oily to me.  I think that selling approach can take a few steps back.


 

I absolutely agree with all of this. I find it pretty disgusting, really.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,467
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@faeriemoon wrote:

I think Shawn is a very spiritual person.  And in her no -filter world, she just takes her feelings and runs with them.


 

That may be so and be appropriate in her PERSONAL LIFE,  but for PROFESSIONAL presentations, we shouldn't have to be subjected to these downers.     Why not just stick to describing the item?   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,153
Registered: ‎05-22-2012

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think Shawn is a very spiritual person.  And in her no -filter world, she just takes her feelings and runs with them.


 

That may be so and be appropriate in her PERSONAL LIFE,  but for PROFESSIONAL presentations, we shouldn't have to be subjected to these downers.     Why not just stick to describing the item?   



When she talks like that, sales go up. That's ALWAYS the reason things happen on QVC. And as long as those numbers are up, it's going to keep happening. If that were not the case, her producer would be telling her to stop. You can read many articles on how QVC operates and it always comes down to the same thing: numbers. They have updates by the second as to how many people are watching, how many are calling in, and how many of item X are being sold. When those numbers spike, they keep doing whatever they're doing when those numbers spiked.

If you see something happening over and over on QVC, that's ALWAYS why.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,162
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I think Shawn is a very spiritual person.  And in her no -filter world, she just takes her feelings and runs with them.


 

That may be so and be appropriate in her PERSONAL LIFE,  but for PROFESSIONAL presentations, we shouldn't have to be subjected to these downers.     Why not just stick to describing the item?   


True; but given the length of some of these presentations, selling religious jewelry is going to go beyond describing it.  I think all the hosts do what Shawn does when selling this kind of stuff, but Shawn's drama (whether you believe it to be real or a sales pitch) is what makes some people cringe.

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~