Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,647
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

[ Edited ]

You all really need to think before you post.  Do you really think she would continue to tell her stories or her way of selling inspirational jewelry if QVC didn't approve or maybe even encourage her to do so?  I'm sure the Q makes tons of money when she sells this jewelry because so many people can relate to her.  I enjoy her shows but then maybe because I've been through a serious illness and if it wasn't for my faith, I might not still be here.  

 

Some of you need to get your facts straight and maybe if you knew anything about Shawn, you would know that she ONLY wears heels when hosting her shows, as do other hosts who have stated so.  She has said that in her personal life, she never wears heels, doesn't carry large expensive handbags, dresses up or even wears little or no makeup.  Have you ever seen photos of her when she's not on the Q?  

 

What this is is just another lets bash Shawn thread.   No one is making any of you watch or listen to her so just change the channel.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,146
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

For me her sales pitch makes me very sad I'm  sure other people feel the same way. I've had a few losses in the last month and I don't need to watch inspirational speeches. I do turn to channel. Christmas  season they really are trying to push this type of jewelry. Yes to some people this is uplifting but to other people it's sad and makes them cry. I don't know if this is a sales tactic but I think that you should present the item,described it and go from there and no sad stories. I guess pulling on peoples heartstrings sells a lot of jewelry anything for a buck.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,734
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

You all really need to think before you post.  Do you really think she would continue to tell her stories or her way of selling inspirational jewelry if QVC didn't approve or maybe even encourage her to do so?  I'm sure the Q makes tons of money when she sells this jewelry because so many people can relate to her.  I enjoy her shows but then maybe because I've been through a serious illness and if it wasn't for my faith, I might not still be here.  

 

Some of you need to get your facts straight and maybe if you knew anything about Shawn, you would know that she ONLY wears heels when hosting her shows, as do other hosts who have stated so.  She has said that in her personal life, she never wears heels, doesn't carry large expensive handbags, dresses up or even wears little or no makeup.  Have you ever seen photos of her when she's not on the Q?  

 

What this is is just another lets bash Shawn thread.   No one is making any of you watch or listen to her so just change the channel.


This is all very true. LR was being herself when she hosted the fashion shows, wearing the type of clothing and accessories she wears in real life. She's a self-proclaimed "fashionista." Shawn is certainly not-- in fact, she's just the opposite. So the Q, by choosing Shawn to take over for LR, is forcing her to be someone she's not. In other words, they've "mis-cast" her in that role, and it's obvious.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,041
Registered: ‎12-13-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

You all really need to think before you post.  Do you really think she would continue to tell her stories or her way of selling inspirational jewelry if QVC didn't approve or maybe even encourage her to do so?  I'm sure the Q makes tons of money when she sells this jewelry because so many people can relate to her.  I enjoy her shows but then maybe because I've been through a serious illness and if it wasn't for my faith, I might not still be here.  

 

Some of you need to get your facts straight and maybe if you knew anything about Shawn, you would know that she ONLY wears heels when hosting her shows, as do other hosts who have stated so.  She has said that in her personal life, she never wears heels, doesn't carry large expensive handbags, dresses up or even wears little or no makeup.  Have you ever seen photos of her when she's not on the Q?  

 

What this is is just another lets bash Shawn thread.   No one is making any of you watch or listen to her so just change the channel.


OP here. Silly comments. I don't care what shoes Shawn wears. I don't care if her maudlin, dreary sales pitch is approved by Q or makes money. It's in poor taste.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,395
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@stellabystarlight wrote:

On the contrary, I find Shawn's stories very uplifting and inspirational.  It helps me to put things in perspective and see what is truly important in this life.


Really?      If you regularly look to a TV shopping channel for spiritual inspiration, why not try going to church?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,395
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

Shawn frequently speaks of people dying, loss, her relationship to God in her jewelry presentations. She did it yesterday and I turned the channel. It's way too much. I find it innapropriate- goodness, I am not watching her for counseling!  


OP, I'm not quite sure you are aren't discussing jewelry in the jewelry section, but your point is spot on .....  and I hope you will also post your criticism in the QVC Suggestion Box section.   IMO, QVC needs to address this.

QVC Customer Care
Posts: 685
Registered: ‎06-14-2015

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,917
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.


@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

You all really need to think before you post.  Do you really think she would continue to tell her stories or her way of selling inspirational jewelry if QVC didn't approve or maybe even encourage her to do so?  I'm sure the Q makes tons of money when she sells this jewelry because so many people can relate to her.  I enjoy her shows but then maybe because I've been through a serious illness and if it wasn't for my faith, I might not still be here.  

 

Some of you need to get your facts straight and maybe if you knew anything about Shawn, you would know that she ONLY wears heels when hosting her shows, as do other hosts who have stated so.  She has said that in her personal life, she never wears heels, doesn't carry large expensive handbags, dresses up or even wears little or no makeup.  Have you ever seen photos of her when she's not on the Q?  

 

What this is is just another lets bash Shawn thread.   No one is making any of you watch or listen to her so just change the channel.


WHAT? Posters THINKING????? What a concept!!!!!!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 606
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

This is not a new subject and I totally agree that QVC is on board with her presentations. I  no longer was not watching Shawns accessory shows because of her depressing presentations.. My husband was home one day and I had it on and he caught some of what she was talking about and he said to me: Boy is she a DOWNER..I just shook my head and i said she's had some problems..BUT everyone has problems,it's just how you handle them. However,in recent months I was not hearing so many depressing stories...AND THEN in the last few weeks....she is back on that track again and I just had to turn it off...All of us have our own problems and I often tune into shopping channels to forget about life for awhile..I really didn't want to know that this one has Cancer and one of her friends just passed away and whatever other deprssing story she has to tell Maybe some of you may find this comforting..but I think for the majority...NO .This time of year a lot of people become very Sad.. .So, you really don't need someone to depress you even more..

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,539
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352

 

I haven't watched any of her presentations, ever...but I did buy the ring from just seeing it online.   don't watch QVC anymore.  I can't be bothered with the dramatic stories and sales ploys.  Most of all, I don't want the chat, and the 15 min presentations for one item.  The Hosts rarely give details, measurements or discuss the product being sold. I had bought from QVC since 1989, and it used to be pleasant and handy way to shop for me. Now they just shoot the bull.  I do love Shawn's ring though! I love it so much I bought 2!  LOL!  The saying isn't what sent me to the check out line, I loved the weight,style  and artisan look.

That said, I do agree with you said.  I think what you said pertains to many people.  There is a time and place to discuss personal tragedies, and problems.  Really.  It should only take a few minutes to discuss the history of the ring, then get to the real details!, That is all she needs to do.  I have a friend who always picks the oddest time to discuss personal, or over shares.  She can talk about her personal problems at a table with children present that just are too detailed.  Someone always has to redirect the conversation.  But with QVC you have only one choice, change the channel.  Sad when you may be interested in product.  I am that way with a certain vendor on QVC.  When she took a turn for the worse, 15 years ago I just kept changing the channels.  Finally I just quit watching, she was on so much.  Once I kicked the habit of watching QVC I never looked back, and just never watched.  I owe that vendor a lot I guess, LOL!

 

I said it in another post, and will say it again.  The shows should be about the product, not the Host.  The product should be the star of the show! Sometimes I think the Hosts forget where they are, they get to talking and get derailed.