Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

@willdob3 wrote:

I think a lot of people are touched by the presentations and appreciate them. Many people are looking for just this kind of thing. I'm happy that many find these meaningful. 

Definitely change the channel when these items are on; you obviously don't have a need or desire for them. That does not mean they should be changed. Not every item or presentation is meant for you. Or for me. Or for any one. 

Sorry, I disagree. It's in poor taste. QVC is a shopping channel. Not a spiritual, religious or counseling service. Lisa Mason had an elegant and brief way of touching on personal meaning in items. Shawn goes too far. It's gloomy and inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with OP.  I also find it inappropriate.  Some of these hosts really get on their soap box with their preaching.  I don't tune in to get a religious sermon.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

I think a lot of people are touched by the presentations and appreciate them. Many people are looking for just this kind of thing. I'm happy that many find these meaningful. 

Definitely change the channel when these items are on; you obviously don't have a need or desire for them. That does not mean they should be changed. Not every item or presentation is meant for you. Or for me. Or for any one. 

Sorry, I disagree. It's in poor taste. QVC is a shopping channel. Not a spiritual, religious or counseling service. Lisa Mason had an elegant and brief way of touching on personal meaning in items. Shawn goes too far. It's gloomy and inappropriate.

So keep changing the channel. I'm pretty sure the line sells very well. It is not in your taste but it is what many others like and want. 

BTW, these are not items I am purchasing but I do understand they fill a need for many. I have seen some of the items presented once & don't usually watch the shows now that I know the style of the line. 

Trusted Contributor

I personally, change the channel on the sad dogs,cats,children, wounded warriors, whenever a commercial is trying to break my heart.  I cannot give to every single thing in the world. It hurts to see these ads over and over and over...........on and on.  I stopped watching SK about her 3rd time hosting.   JUST DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DONT LIKE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----tedEbear

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

While that's true, there's also the Affinity Angel Wing line of diamond jewelry and I've never found the Affinity diamond expert (forget his name) to sell in the way that Shawn has.  You are right that not every presentation is right for everyone.... however I purchased two angel wing rings (one in silver, the other 14k gold) and will eventually purchase the necklace while never feeling depressed by the presentation, regardless  the callers....  Not with Shawn and her jewelry line and the callers it inspires....... I watched once and that was enough (and I like Shawn!).

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I find it tasteless to ues people's misfotunes to move products. I just can't watch.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I've watched others sell religious jewelry, and they don't need to add their friends with cancer who died. They sell it in a respectful manner and it sells. Perhaps if Shawn just told a sad, personal story once, but time and time again is just phony and a poor way of selling this jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

I just can't believe all the stories. I remember how she used to say she had bad feet and had to visit the foot doctor all the time when she was selling those vionic shoes. Now she is selling this jewelry in shoes sporting  6" stiletto heels.....

Valued Contributor

I agree 100000% with my fellow QVC Sister above, I find these stories to be super tear jerkers, and after a while even if they are true they come across as fake, I remember very well, my feet, my feet, orthoheel this, that and a third....

NOW.....

In heels constantly, please....fool me once, fool me twice, fool me a third, fourth and fifth time then...I AM THE FOOL. 

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I have to agree with OP.  I also find it inappropriate.  Some of these hosts really get on their soap box with their preaching.  I don't tune in to get a religious sermon.

She doesn't do it very often, but it does come off as gloomy.  When she does, I switch the channel.  I especially dislike it twined with selling jewelry.  Actually I think she's the only host that does it.