Respected Contributor

Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

[ Edited ]

Shawn frequently speaks of people dying, loss, her relationship to God in her jewelry presentations. She did it yesterday and I turned the channel. It's way too much. I find it innapropriate- goodness, I am not watching her for counseling!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelery' item presentations need a change in tone.

@ellaphant wrote:

Shawn frequently speaks of people dying, loss, her relationship to God in her jewelry presentations. She did it yesterday and I turned the channel. It's way too much. I find it innapropriate- goodness, I am not watching her for counseling!  

ITA.

It's a total turn off. Oversharing might help her move units, but not with me!

Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelery' item presentations need a change in tone.

I find them very depressing.  Not helpful at all especially when people call in with their personal stories. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn- your 'personal jewelry' item presentations need a change in tone.

I find myself very disturbed by this method of selling.  Makes me quickly turn the channel if I happen upon such a presentation.  And it definitely does NOT encourage me to buy with this type of sales tactic.

Esteemed Contributor

After a while, it becomes just too much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think a lot of people are touched by the presentations and appreciate them. Many people are looking for just this kind of thing. I'm happy that many find these meaningful. 

Definitely change the channel when these items are on; you obviously don't have a need or desire for them. That does not mean they should be changed. Not every item or presentation is meant for you. Or for me. Or for any one. 

Respected Contributor

On the contrary, I find Shawn's stories very uplifting and inspirational.  It helps me to put things in perspective and see what is truly important in this life.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if the market for the type of jewelry under discussion is very different from the market for I call "just pretties"? because with all the jewelry I've purchased over the years, I've just never bought any such because that's just not how I think of jewelry.  There's no reason not to, but I just don't.

So, it doesn't affect me one way or the other for Shawb to tell her stories.  They make sense to me, but they don't make me a buyer.  Nor would other kinds of remarks.

Honored Contributor

I think it's perfectly fine. It's a fact of life. It's not at all inappropriate. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll have to agree with the OP.  I can come up with my own meanings for events in life. And it's very personal to me and private as well.  I don't draw from a commercial TV show.    It's a bit much.  But other people do connect with her, and that's fine. Maybe it helps some people, gives them ideas to gift with meaning.  I don't watch those shows.