Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn's sweater tonight

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure why Shawn takes so much heat for not wearing QVC clothing.  Very few of the hosts wear QVC clothing.  Even during Q clothing shows they often have on their own bottoms with top they are presenting or vice versa. 

I didn't see the show but maybe if Shawn had a show before or after the TSV hour, she didn't want to have to change her entire outfit. The Anybody line is super casual and not the way most hosts come on air for their blocks of time.

Maybe Shawn was showing how the pants could be worn with other items, again, since everything in this line is casual.  

I just looked at a video and honestly, I don't even get her outfit.  The pants are dragging the ground and that denim shirt hanging out from the sweater isn't appealing to me either.  It all looks sloppy to me.

Regular Contributor

Agree about the anybody TSV - I have their joggers and like them but this TSV really looks like pj's - as far as Shawn is concerned, I wrote a reply just the other day re the Denim and Company jean TSV where she wore it (they probably had to beg her) and those boots that so many seemed to love...........It is almost like Shawn is a rebel who won't wear QVC clothes at all..........most of the hosts will at least if they are selling a certain brand during their shift.  90% of the time if Shawn is the host, I change the channel and unfortunately she hosts Isaac and manages to make his clothes look ridiculous - I did not see her do the Logo, that is two negatives for me. To each his own. Used to be if you were hosting a clothing show, you had to wear that brand for the hour or whatever. Is it really that bad. Some of us are watching QVC at certain times because we like the clothes being offered...........

Respected Contributor

In my opinion, QVC is missing a ready made opportunity when hosts don’t wear the clothing they are trying to get me to buy. The message I get: these clothes aren’t fashionable enough for me to wear, but they are for you.

Message received.

Honored Contributor

I've seen Mark Lupfer sweaters.  While I don't care what anyone spends their money on, I can say that even though I think some of the ML sweaters are cute, there is no way I'd spend that kind of money on what I consider a novelty sweater.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not sure why Shawn takes so much heat for not wearing QVC clothing.  Very few of the hosts wear QVC clothing.  Even during Q clothing shows they often have on their own bottoms with top they are presenting or vice versa. 

I didn't see the show but maybe if Shawn had a show before or after the TSV hour, she didn't want to have to change her entire outfit. The Anybody line is super casual and not the way most hosts come on air for their blocks of time.

Maybe Shawn was showing how the pants could be worn with other items, again, since everything in this line is casual.  

I just looked at a video and honestly, I don't even get her outfit.  The pants are dragging the ground and that denim shirt hanging out from the sweater isn't appealing to me either.  It all looks sloppy to me.

I assumed she was just showing how she might wear them (with the sweater and shirt). I'll admit that I kind of liked the look. She did mention that she had chosen to wear the tall version of the pants for a kind of "slouchy" leisure look, and that she knew that not everyone liked the puddling of the legs. I actually would prefer that to having too short wide leg pants (unless they're supposed to be that way). I haven't ordered these, but at 5' 1-1/2" I probably would have purchased the regular length -- the petites are only 26" long!

Also, Shawn is one of the hosts who likes to try on everything she possibly can during her shows. So, yes, in a way she doesn't wear Q clothing, but she puts on every top or accessory or whatever when it comes up. Lisa R used to do that, and Amy does in some shows as well. Just a different style, I think, than hosts who come out in "an outfit" of Q clothing and just leave it alone. It also leads to the comments about how she has too many pieces or accessories on when she's selling -- I don't really think she would wear it all in a normal circumstance; she just piles it on for the show. My opinion, anyway.

New Contributor

I concur!!!

Hosts need to wear what QVC is selling!  

Management needs to address this!