Honored Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

A lot of the readers are offered in a zero strength.  I heard the vendor talking about people buying readers with zero strength just because they want to wear glasses.  It's a fashion statement. 

Hmmmm..... I guess that would be like using a wheelchair when you do not need one, or a cane.. just because...

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Lens / glass in glasses.  How can you tell via TV or in person what type of lens are in the frames?  Prescription or not.  I just bought Foster Grant readers at the drug store and even I can't tell them from my prescription glasses at first glance.  Both have thin black frames.

You can tell because of the magnification. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Beachy1 wrote:

A lot of the readers are offered in a zero strength.  I heard the vendor talking about people buying readers with zero strength just because they want to wear glasses.  It's a fashion statement. 

Hmmmm..... I guess that would be like using a wheelchair when you do not need one, or a cane.. just because...

Having worn glasses since 9th grade (and I'm now a senior citizen), I clearly cannot fathom people WANTING to wear glasses!!!!!  In the "current" vernacular...."cray, cray", IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Lens / glass in glasses.  How can you tell via TV or in person what type of lens are in the frames?  Prescription or not.  I just bought Foster Grant readers at the drug store and even I can't tell them from my prescription glasses at first glance.  Both have thin black frames.

It appeared to me she had glass lenses.  There is a distortion about non-glass lenses that is visible for those who have worn both.  I wear a prism lens and I hate the glass lenses for that reason and I do not like the non-glass lenses because of that distorted look but prefer plastic because of the light weight and the inability of the average person to detect the prism lens.  Usually only people in the business detect my prism lenses when wearing plastic.

Contributor

glad someone posted a picture of her wearing them, as I choose not to watch shows she hosts.  Her presentations do not appeal to me, that's why I don't watch shows she hosts.

Honored Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

I've ordered zero strength sunglasses before because I liked the style of them.

I've had to have glasses/contacts since the 4th grade so I personally cannot understand anyone wearing them if they don't have to.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

@bri20 

When my daughter was a kid ,she pretended not to see well so she could get glasses like some other kids wore.

Valued Contributor

No surprise that Shawn would wear those attention-seeking fake glasses.

She is so incredibly needy to look bizarre for attention.

Anyone who doesn't need correction for their vision should feel so thankful and not be wishing they needed glasses. 

She is clueless, thinks only about her appearance

Trusted Contributor

You guys don't think they're "totes adorbs" or "sick"...Smiley Tongue