Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I remember a  while back on a show she was selling readers she actually said she could not wait until her eyes got bad enought to get to wear readers....  that shows what a childish way of thinking she has.  To WISH  your sight got worse?? 

OMG as someone who now has to wear readers on top of my contacts, she'll be sorry when the time comes.   

Wearing readers on top of contacts made me crazy. I quickly learned that I need to see we'll both close/far all the time. There was no occasionally putting readers on. I ended up with mono-vision contacts and no need for readers but there are a few pairs sitting around somewhere.

But I completely understand wanting to wear glasses - there are so many cute frames! - The very first thing I did when I got contacts was go to the closest store to buy sunglasses! I have a collection now.

And I have a pair of regular glasses, too. I really like them and wear them around the house, on weekends sometimes wear them shopping, etc. 

Glasses have become accessories. It may not be smart to wish one's eyesight would get bad enough to need them but I really don't see anything wrong with someone wearing them for fashion when they have perfect vision. Why should those of us who are blind-as-bats have all the fun? Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn's glasses???

[ Edited ]

Honestly?  I think kids in the general age range of 6-13 might wish for glasses whether it's a perception of looking cool or being swayed by peers they admire wearing glasses, etc. -- not giving any thought to the "need" aspect.  They're thought process is singularly on a superficial level.

Both of my now grown kids went through the 'glasses thing' stage as kids. Same with my mom regaling stories of wanting glasses as a child.  When very young, my two eldest granddaughters both loved the look of glasses, without actually needing them & assuredly not giving even a shred of thought to the aspect of need-- for wearing & being a prisoner to glasses.  In fact my 2nd to eldest was so obsessed,  and if you choose to read on through my drivel you'll know why I eventually bought her a pair of clear lens readers... point zeros... lol.   She said at around age 6 when trying on mine, "these make me look soooo interesting!"  I had to laugh since she was dead serious & meant business!  Of course I snatched them away from her, not wanting to harm her eyes.  

Even when I thought I'd hid them well she always managed to sniff them out from one of my drawers.  When I'd catch her (repeatedly) I went through the same drill of telling her she'd hurt her eyes.   Boy how she loved the few moments of glory 'looking interesting' before getting... busted!  This went on for it seems like years, though probably not that long.  I don't even know how she could SEE 'how interesting she looked' wearing my 150 strength readers at the time Smiley Tongue 

She didn't need glasses to look interesting or scholarly.  I have to insert a little meme's bragging rights here.. lol.   Now going into her senior year in high school, she's scored so high on all college entry tests & has qualified for just about any ivy league school in the country.  During her sophomore year she was offered a full scholarship earned by dedication & excellence in performance in softball & will probably go that route while saving money to get into pre-med.

Thanks for indulging my digression.

So I'm thinking Shawn was talking about wanting glasses as a kid.   I see a bunch of kids wanting the same,  unless there was no choice & you had to wear them at a young age. Smiley Sad I'm sure that's quite difficult for a child & a source for being picked-on.  Kids can be cruel.  Forced to be tied to glasses as a kid is bad enough. It reminds of Ralphie in "A Christmas Story"  panicking when his glasses got broken in the snow.

Heck, as an adult I know how cranky I am when I can't find even 1 out of several pairs I keep around the house & in my office- especially when in a hurry. Smiley Frustrated--- They seem to do the "socks out of the clothes dryer trick" -the one that eats a single sock in the pair.... never to be seen again, yet one w/ a happier outcome.

Nine times out of 10 I find a pair on my head.  The rest *were* too scattered about.  I now have a box designated for readers and one for sunglasses.

I know. I do.   It's evident my granddaughter didn't get her smarts from me...Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

OMG! Those glasses looked hideous on her.

Honored Contributor

My husband wears contacts. Thank God I just need Readers. She might look into contacts.  Carolyn Gracie has pretty glasses they're the ones that are frameless I think can't hardly tell she has them on.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

You guys don't think they're "totes adorbs" or "sick"...Smiley Tongue

Blech.........

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

They look horrible. DH said they look like a pair of carnival galsses with an attached plactic nose. 

She looks like she is wearing these Grouch glasses less the hair.

grouch.jpg

That's funny.  lol

Honored Contributor

They  do not look good on her... they do not look pretty or stylish or attractive. Just plain UGLY. 

Honored Contributor

I love a strong frame (have a few pair myself) but the glare from Shawn's glasses is horrendous.  It ruins what might be a current and fashionable look.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

New Contributor

I also heard that Shawn  hinted around that she was going to be selling her own line of readers, I love the size of her glasses and the fun colors