Super Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Hosts on QVC should wear QVC clothing.

Why? 

Maybe be all the clerks at the grocery stores should only wear meat dresses ala Lady Gaga....

Makes no sense. Reminds me of a child having a tantrum because someone has something they "can't have". 

Wow! Speaking of childish, you might want to re-read your post.  Edit could be your friend.  

Lol  ITA Magic!!!!!

"tantrums" and "childish"....pot meet kettle perhaps! (to the other poster)

hi Magic!!!

Nope. No childish tantrum here. I'm not the one whining about what the hosts are wearing but whatever floats your boat.....

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Esteemed Contributor

very pretty on her ...glad to see she is out of the black phase.

Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn's dress

[ Edited ]

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Why? 

Maybe be all the clerks at the grocery stores should only wear meat dresses ala Lady Gaga....

Makes no sense. Reminds me of a child having a tantrum because someone has something they "can't have". 

Wow! Speaking of childish, you might want to re-read your post.  Edit could be your friend.  

Lol  ITA Magic!!!!!

"tantrums" and "childish"....pot meet kettle perhaps! (to the other poster)

hi Magic!!!

Nope. No childish tantrum here. I'm not the one whining about what the hosts are wearing but whatever floats your boat.....

I don't think anyone was "whining".  Again...thou doth protest too much.

It appears as if it's you who is throwing the "childish tantrums".  Let it go....  Letting it go is your friend.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Iluvhandbags wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Why? 

Maybe all the clerks at the grocery stores should only wear meat dresses ala Lady Gaga....

Your first sentence in your comment is so absurd.  I'm shocked you would even post that--it makes no sense and is irrelevant to the topic at hand and simply silly.

Respected Contributor

I think Shawn's dress was adorable and I want it soooo bad to take on vacation.....perfect with a pair of sandals!!  Again, I'm considering it even at the price.....I'm the kind of person who would rather have one or two of something I really love than 15 things that I just made-do with..........also, if I was a Q host and they told me I HAD to wear Q clothing on every single show, I'm not sure that would be the job for me.

I think most of the female hosts try to wear an item or two when they're presenting that particular item, but yesterday, Shawn was doing a lawn and garden show and she looked fab!!

P.S. If the Q sold clothes like some of the personal items that Shawn and Courtney wear, I'd be buying a lot more from them!!

Esteemed Contributor

It is Marketing 101, you represent what you sell at every opportunity available. Especially when you're selling fashion. There is a subliminal message that is sent when the host wears Vince or whatever when hawking a Q line. It says, these fashions should appeal to you, but they're schmatta to me. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn's dress

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

________

@winamac1

I agree with you.  Years ago I was looking for a part time job and applied at Eddie Bauer.  They required the sales people to wear Eddie Bauer clothing.  It's great advertising.  Look how many posts are started about what the hosts are wearing.  It seems like good business sense to me.   

Respected Contributor

SHE WASN'T SELLING CLOTHING.....IT WAS A LAWN AND GARDEN SHOW!  

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

It is Marketing 101, you represent what you sell at every opportunity available. Especially when you're selling fashion. There is a subliminal message that is sent when the host wears Vince or whatever when hawking a Q line. It says, these fashions should appeal to you, but they're schmatta to me. 

EXACTLY.

I was a Marketing major at I.U. Maggie.  It IS Marketing 101.

Hi Cottonball.  ITA with you too.  It just makes good business sense.