Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn's Studio Park Collection -- 10/17

@SoX wrote:

That self-deprecating statement about not being able to afford high end designer fashions ... well, that just doesn't quite ring true.  I've seen her in some pretty expensive garments over the years.  I suspect she said that for our benefit ...

There's a difference between high end that costs several hundred, and couture which costs several thousand.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Regular Contributor

Whether you like or dislike her, she has her own unique sense of style that just flows and she has been selling items on QVC that other vendors have been creating and designing for decades and now an opportunity has presented itself for her and a few other hosts to share their sense of style and I think that it’s awesome. And lots of people love her sense of style too because whatever she wears on set usually sells out. So for the haters, lighten up on her today aaiight! and let her shine during her moment. I promise you that it won’t kill you. And if the haters think that it will, please feel free to turn the channel or avoid the forums today okay? There’s enough hate and bullying on social media and in the world, so please take today to give it a rest and let Shawn have her day which is what has been planned by QVC and her with the help of the QVC design team. Thank you!
Valued Contributor

I know! I had thought that when I first saw this that it was two pieces and I had intended to buy just the blouse. This as a dress is just too much for me and I have no idea when or where I would ever wear it. I am looking to get the long sweater with the heart on it in the black maybe, except I don't need it.

Valued Contributor

Bravo! Well said and I totally agree

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at all of the Studio Park offerings, past and present.

Is it me but it didn't the prices for this line skyrocket? Is this now the haute couture line?

Valued Contributor

Doesn't surprise me for several reasons, everything is going up, and her clothes have a little more element and uniqueness to them with extra added touches that I didn't see with any of the other hosts lines. I didn't buy a single item from any of the other hosts lines but I bought 3 from Shawn. I'm in agreement with what Shawn said, have a few more special pieces that don't look like everything else instead of many that all look similar. QVC saved the best host for last IMHO.

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws   I agree.  I'm just window shopping for now, but of all the SP collections thus far, Shawn has the most style and interest.

I've become desensitized to the ever-present "premium" jeans, t-shirt, plaid shirt, and unstructured [fill-in-the-blank] piece. 

Shawn brought a fresh reminder to step out of the QVC fashion mold.

[But the Buyers must have gotten that black & white polka dot design for a bargain (reminiscent of Leah's SP jumpsuit).  I could go all year and not see those big white dots again.]     

Honored Contributor

I use crossbody bags daily - ordered the black 

7 colors $60 (promo price ends today)

A568842

Shawn Killinger x IHKWIP Couture Crossbody with Two Straps

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can't imagine wanting to dress like Shawn.

The last few years have not been her best @Kachina624 .

@San Antonio Gal 

You must have not been here for her first few years.  Ouch!

Honored Contributor

Haven't seen anything on this thread that interests me; however, it's nice for the Q to have something to sell besides stretchy pull-on jeans and comfort stay at home clothing that they try to convince you that you can wear out.