Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn is gone a long time........

@Sooner wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I saw this on Lisa's FB page as well.  It was good to see Mary Beth in the photos, given what's been posted here about her car accident.  Obviously, she's not yet able to work a long day but is not so injured that she can't be out and about for a few hours.  That's encouraging.  I thought Lisa looked fab as usual, though I agree that an all-white dress for a wedding is a no-no.  I think the same of black, and Mary Beth was all in black.  Maybe those rules are outdated, but I think it's a good idea to avoid those two colors.  My neighbor went to a wedding in head-to-toe black and looked like a movie star!

Lisa's dress was baby blue, cotton, appropriate length for a daytime garden wedding.  Black, navy blues, red, sharp colors, strapless, long or glittery dresses are not appropriate for a daytime garden wedding.  Second weddings, brides do not wear all white.  This birde wore white but with a beige woven into it.  Perfectly appropriate.

Short to midi length cotton, linen and natural silk dresses for daytime garden wedding, in pastels.  Lawn dresses are also appropriate.  Of course, those are old rules.  Lisa's dress was cotton or linen pastel and certainly the most appropriate of all the dresses, but those are old rules.  Everyone was lovely!!!!!  It  was good to see them all together.

So only Lisa was appropriately dressed?  LOL!!!!  In her nightgown?  Sorry, but that dress is awful.  I don't usually say things like that, but I would NEVER wear something like that to a wedding.  Especially if I considered myself fashion forward.  Nothing about that garmet says "Wear this to a wedding" to me.  

Well, you obviously did not comprehend what I wrote.  I said, according to the etiquette rules of the past, her dress fit the criteria for what should be worn for a daytime garden wedding, but then most here read into it what they want and not what was actually said.

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that the hosts get about 5 weeks of vacation a year.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Be careful you will get poofed. Or maybe it's only me they poof LOL

I always thought it was you. . . but then. . . LOL!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I saw this on Lisa's FB page as well.  It was good to see Mary Beth in the photos, given what's been posted here about her car accident.  Obviously, she's not yet able to work a long day but is not so injured that she can't be out and about for a few hours.  That's encouraging.  I thought Lisa looked fab as usual, though I agree that an all-white dress for a wedding is a no-no.  I think the same of black, and Mary Beth was all in black.  Maybe those rules are outdated, but I think it's a good idea to avoid those two colors.  My neighbor went to a wedding in head-to-toe black and looked like a movie star!

Lisa's dress was baby blue, cotton, appropriate length for a daytime garden wedding.  Black, navy blues, red, sharp colors, strapless, long or glittery dresses are not appropriate for a daytime garden wedding.  Second weddings, brides do not wear all white.  This birde wore white but with a beige woven into it.  Perfectly appropriate.

Short to midi length cotton, linen and natural silk dresses for daytime garden wedding, in pastels.  Lawn dresses are also appropriate.  Of course, those are old rules.  Lisa's dress was cotton or linen pastel and certainly the most appropriate of all the dresses, but those are old rules.  Everyone was lovely!!!!!  It  was good to see them all together.

So only Lisa was appropriately dressed?  LOL!!!!  In her nightgown?  Sorry, but that dress is awful.  I don't usually say things like that, but I would NEVER wear something like that to a wedding.  Especially if I considered myself fashion forward.  Nothing about that garmet says "Wear this to a wedding" to me.  

Well, you obviously did not comprehend what I wrote.  I said, according to the etiquette rules of the past, her dress fit the criteria for what should be worn for a daytime garden wedding, but then most here read into it what they want and not what was actually said.

You gave the old rules, said they were the old rules, then you said everyone looked lovely.  You did NOT specifically state whether the old rules SHOULD be followed or not.  In any case, it wouldn't change my opinion one way or the other.  You missed the intended humor in my first sentence so I guess that makes us even.

Super Contributor

yay

Valued Contributor

Like the old song said, "...nice work if you can get it, and you can get it if you try..."  At some levels you can negotiate for more vaca days, etc.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If all you have time to do is keep track of the QVC host schedules  and worry where they are......you must have a very very sad life.......

And what they choose to wear- ITA!

Honored Contributor

I remember several years ago one of the hosts indicating that they start off their employment with 4 weeks vacation. 

Shawn was in Palm Springs then came back and was out sick for awhile. She came back for a short time then was back on vacay. She posted pictures of her and Joe in DC/Maryland. 

She and Albany will both be back today. 

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

They may work on commission and bonus plan. That would make them an Independent Contractor and can vacation as they please.

I doubt they are on straight salary.

The hosts are all under contract and their salary is set in that contract.  They are not commissioned according to a few of them.  But I would bet they do get bonuses for hitting certain numbers, etc. 

The amount off time off they get is set in that contract.  I doubt they can just up and take off when they want because someone has to fill in for them.  They do have a schedule as to when they are going to be on air and if they can't make it, someone has to fill in. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

They may work on commission and bonus plan. That would make them an Independent Contractor and can vacation as they please.

I doubt they are on straight salary.

The hosts are all under contract and their salary is set in that contract.  They are not commissioned according to a few of them.  But I would bet they do get bonuses for hitting certain numbers, etc. 

The amount off time off they get is set in that contract.  I doubt they can just up and take off when they want because someone has to fill in for them.  They do have a schedule as to when they are going to be on air and if they can't make it, someone has to fill in. 

Don't they also have to take vacations during certain times of the year? For example, I've read here several times that they are not allowed to take vacation for quite a long period around the winter holidays. That also makes it seem as though they're gone a lot during the rest of the year. I think they do have a generous amount of vacation time, which is great for them! I never understand all of the people who seem to resent the fact that QVC employees have a good benefits package.