Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn is gone a long time........

@kivah you say that as if QVC hosts are somehow more deserving of vacation time than the rest of us that work our butts off at our respective jobs? They are clearly well compensated for what they do but I think we're all assuming she's paid every time she's gone which may not be the case.
Honored Contributor

Yesterday she posted on her Facebook page that her and Joe were on summer vacation.  She doesn't say where.  Along with a photo of her and Joe on a boat with the sunset in the background.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Shawn sometimes goes on a trip with her husband with just a few days off. But, still calls it a vacation. Not this long....

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Yesterday she posted on her Facebook page that her and Joe were on summer vacation.  She doesn't say where.  Along with a photo of her and Joe on a boat with the sunset in the background.

Thanks GCR18.  I don't follow the exploits of the hosts daily lives on Facebook, but thanks to your post, I can give a nod to Shawn for keeping her private time private. All anyone needs know is she and her husband are on vacation.  Where, and photos of them doing things "there" are not necessary.

Valued Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Thanks GCR18.  I don't follow the exploits of the hosts daily lives on Facebook, but thanks to your post, I can give a nod to Shawn for keeping her private time private. All anyone needs know is she and her husband are on vacation.  Where, and photos of them doing things "there" are not necessary.

@Trix Shawn mentioned they're in Maryland. ITA they shouldn't be forced to tell every detail of their life to the world. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Shawn seems happy and well.  She was at Maria's (the Calista vendor) wedding today with others from QVC. This is from Rachel's FB post.

image.jpeg

Another photo from Rachel...

image.jpeg

Lovely.

Honored Contributor

One need not be on her Facebook or whatever other social media she subscribes to to know what she's up to because she shares pictures and exploits every time she's on air! You gals are being awfully defensive of someone who enjoys sharing her life with the viewers regularly. I've never been on her Facebook page but I know an awful lot about her only because I happen to watch her presentations
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Shawn seems happy and well.  She was at Maria's (the Calista vendor) wedding today with others from QVC. This is from Rachel's FB post.

image.jpeg

Another photo from Rachel...

image.jpeg

Lovely.

Lisa's dress looks like a nightgown and her hair looks flat and stringy- LOL!

Honored Contributor

Is that Mary Beth!

Nice picture.

Trusted Contributor

They may work on commission and bonus plan. That would make them an Independent Contractor and can vacation as they please.

I doubt they are on straight salary.