Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn is gone a long time........

@jonbon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Alsee wrote:

They may work on commission and bonus plan. That would make them an Independent Contractor and can vacation as they please.

I doubt they are on straight salary.

The hosts are all under contract and their salary is set in that contract.  They are not commissioned according to a few of them.  But I would bet they do get bonuses for hitting certain numbers, etc. 

The amount off time off they get is set in that contract.  I doubt they can just up and take off when they want because someone has to fill in for them.  They do have a schedule as to when they are going to be on air and if they can't make it, someone has to fill in. 

Don't they also have to take vacations during certain times of the year? For example, I've read here several times that they are not allowed to take vacation for quite a long period around the winter holidays. That also makes it seem as though they're gone a lot during the rest of the year. I think they do have a generous amount of vacation time, which is great for them! I never understand all of the people who seem to resent the fact that QVC employees have a good benefits package.

I have read comments in the past on FB from people complaining about all the time a host is gone.  A few of the hosts have responsed that they are not allowed to take vacation beginning in October becase they are in full holiday sales mode.

However, I don't think that's a hard and fast rule because I seem to recall hosts being out on vacation at that time of the year. 

I get 4 weeks vacation at work and there are years I am taking time off just to use up my vacation.  I can't carry it over so I have to use it or lose it and I'm not losing it.  We're halfway through the year and I've only used 2 days of vacation so far.  LOL  

Respected Contributor

Shawn doesn't work a typical Monday to Friday either.  If she takes vacation and it overlaps her usual days off, it would seem like she's gone longer too.

She takes a lot of trips that are less than a week. 

I say good for her!

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Shawn doesn't work a typical Monday to Friday either.  If she takes vacation and it overlaps her usual days off, it would seem like she's gone longer too.

I say good for her!

Exactly.  I wish I could do that.  But I also wouldn't want those crazy hours.  I'll take the paycheck though.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I say good for her!

Exactly.  I wish I could do that.  But I also wouldn't want those crazy hours.  I'll take the paycheck though.  Woman LOL

Me too!

Esteemed Contributor

Every company has different benefits and vacations. You can't compare one job/company to another. Good for Shawn!!!!!