Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn is gone a long time........

[ Edited ]

I worked as an independent contractor for several years and I could not just get up and take vacation when I felt like it.  I had to make money and in order to make money, I worked far more than salaried or hourly employees in order to keep the terms of contract and to ensure I had a re-sign on the contract when it was upcoming.  

Shawn had posted on her blog a plethora of pictures of herself and Joe in Palm Springs acclaiming she was a hotel snob and was happy to have such a nice place which fit her requirements. She mentioned she had ridden the aerial tram and either she or Joe was frightened of it;  Can't recall, but I recall being frightened of it myself, why I recall she mentioned it.

Respected Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Shawn seems happy and well.  She was at Maria's (the Calista vendor) wedding today with others from QVC. This is from Rachel's FB post.

image.jpeg

Another photo from Rachel...

image.jpeg

Lovely.

Lisa's dress looks like a nightgown and her hair looks flat and stringy- LOL!

I thought white was reserved for the bride to wear on her wedding day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this on Lisa's FB page as well.  It was good to see Mary Beth in the photos, given what's been posted here about her car accident.  Obviously, she's not yet able to work a long day but is not so injured that she can't be out and about for a few hours.  That's encouraging.  I thought Lisa looked fab as usual, though I agree that an all-white dress for a wedding is a no-no.  I think the same of black, and Mary Beth was all in black.  Maybe those rules are outdated, but I think it's a good idea to avoid those two colors.  My neighbor went to a wedding in head-to-toe black and looked like a movie star!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all who responded  and many thanks for the pictures. I am glad she is well and not sick at home  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I saw this on Lisa's FB page as well.  It was good to see Mary Beth in the photos, given what's been posted here about her car accident.  Obviously, she's not yet able to work a long day but is not so injured that she can't be out and about for a few hours.  That's encouraging.  I thought Lisa looked fab as usual, though I agree that an all-white dress for a wedding is a no-no.  I think the same of black, and Mary Beth was all in black.  Maybe those rules are outdated, but I think it's a good idea to avoid those two colors.  My neighbor went to a wedding in head-to-toe black and looked like a movie star!

Lisa's dress was baby blue, cotton, appropriate length for a daytime garden wedding.  Black, navy blues, red, sharp colors, strapless, long or glittery dresses are not appropriate for a daytime garden wedding.  Second weddings, brides do not wear all white.  This birde wore white but with a beige woven into it.  Perfectly appropriate.

Short to midi length cotton, linen and natural silk dresses for daytime garden wedding, in pastels.  Lawn dresses are also appropriate.  Of course, those are old rules.  Lisa's dress was cotton or linen pastel and certainly the most appropriate of all the dresses, but those are old rules.  Everyone was lovely!!!!!  It  was good to see them all together.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

To me, I get the feeling that the hosts work more than we realize --- behind the scenes, travelling and working weird hours, etc. They deserve as much vacation as they need. I'm sure they get more vacation time than when working a normal 9 to 5 job!!!!

@kivah

I seriously doubt anyone thinks that the only work 
Shawn does is her time in front of the camera ... two hours here and two hours there.    The on air time is most likely the smallest part of the job.

Honored Contributor

If all you have time to do is keep track of the QVC host schedules  and worry where they are......you must have a very very sad life.......

Respected Contributor

Is that the Isaac clutch or the GILI clutch S.K. is holding? She "owns" both

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

Lisa's dress was baby blue, cotton, appropriate length for a daytime garden wedding.  Black, navy blues, red, sharp colors, strapless, long or glittery dresses are not appropriate for a daytime garden wedding.  Second weddings, brides do not wear all white.  This birde wore white but with a beige woven into it.  Perfectly appropriate.

Short to midi length cotton, linen and natural silk dresses for daytime garden wedding, in pastels.  Lawn dresses are also appropriate.  Of course, those are old rules.  Lisa's dress was cotton or linen pastel and certainly the most appropriate of all the dresses, but those are old rules.  Everyone was lovely!!!!!  It  was good to see them all together.

So only Lisa was appropriately dressed?  LOL!!!!  In her nightgown?  Sorry, but that dress is awful.  I don't usually say things like that, but I would NEVER wear something like that to a wedding.  Especially if I considered myself fashion forward.  Nothing about that garmet says "Wear this to a wedding" to me.  

Honored Contributor

Be careful you will get poofed. Or maybe it's only me they poof LOL