Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn complains about her bad feet, then wears high stacked heeled shoes?

@BradyW wrote:

Ms. K makes it up as she goes along and doesn't remember what she said from one show to the next.

She owns many many pairs of shoes and boots, and doesn't only wear them while on air.

And she doesn't buy shoes or clothes at the Q.  That's just for you viewers.  Her taste is much much higher priced, and she likes to make you think she's just like you.

Far from it.

I don't ever get the impression that she's relating to us at all. She drops way too many names along with her propensity for 'couture'.

But I don't hold her completely responsible for this newer more pretentious attitude; the Q helped build this monster.

Regular Contributor

I agree with above said posts.  I don't watch the so-calledshows.  I will check online to see what's being sold and tune in to see item.  When do I linger a bit I donlt stay for long.  I do like Gabrielle and don't understand like others have also expressed why she is stuck in the wee hours or is not given a show.  She has more seniority than the new ones who have than own shows or better hours.  She has great style which also puzzles me why she has not been given a clothing show.  I would have hoped she would have gotten the PM.  I'm really not trying to be nasty but it seems the hosts who get these shows to me don't have the style that is either timeless or ageless.  Excuse me but you maybe good at gardening or home decorating but you dressing style doesn't inspire me.  Other than Leah or Jayne who have great style and are in my age group the others are too fadish, not practical or pardon just too frumpy are selling "fashion".  I am not inspired so I don't watch.  I like Gabrielle's style and would watch her.  Even Jacque who I think is beatiful sells undergarments, at least they use her to sell beauty.

Honored Contributor

They want her to present a certain image, which is why she was "made over" when she took over as resident fashion diva. I think she looks the way she does because that's how they've told her to look.

I highly doubt that. Employees have "rights," too.

Employees have rights but they are also under contracts and who knows what those contracts say.  I don't know about QVC but I know in the past TPTB at HSN made certain hosts cut their hair including Lynn and Bobbi.  Remember in the past QVC hosts had to wear a neutral nail color?

I know our local newscasters have to get permission from TPTB before they make any major changes to their haircut or color. 

I have absolutely no doubt Shawn spiffed up because they are making her into the next resident fashion expert.  Look at what she wore previously compared to how she dresses now.  It's a world of difference.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

They want her to present a certain image, which is why she was "made over" when she took over as resident fashion diva. I think she looks the way she does because that's how they've told her to look.

I highly doubt that. Employees have "rights," too.

Employees have rights but they are also under contracts and who knows what those contracts say.  I don't know about QVC but I know in the past TPTB at HSN made certain hosts cut their hair including Lynn and Bobbi.  Remember in the past QVC hosts had to wear a neutral nail color?

I know our local newscasters have to get permission from TPTB before they make any major changes to their haircut or color. 

I have absolutely no doubt Shawn spiffed up because they are making her into the next resident fashion expert.  Look at what she wore previously compared to how she dresses now.  It's a world of difference.     

None of us know what's in her contract. But if she has podiatrist records of as poor feet as she claims she has, I do believe this would tie their hands. Doctor trumps contract w/o firing.

Neutral nail color makes sense, especially selling jewelry, etc. 

Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

No one else flaunts their clothing and shoes like Shawn. She is self-absorbed, loves the attention and selling comes second! Who cares what is said to viewers on air? Certainly not Shawn? That's what is so annoying. She professes to be so honest and such a Christian person, but constantly behaves in an opposite manner. Have you seen the strapless dress she's wearing today? What's with that? Way out of place for a salesperson on TV. SMH

===============

It's really the most narcissistic way of selling that I've ever witnessed.  I watch HSN and EVINE along with QVC (I'm a bit of shopping channel junkie - thanks Mom, lol) and I'm bewildered by what Shawn is allowed to get away with on QVC.  Its the Shawn Show folks, "roll em" as she likes to say.  OMG, as if she were some old timey show person, like Ed Sullivan or something lol.  She's all about Shawn and her "dream" of becoming some type of TV celebrity type person.  She makes me as a viewer feel like I'm watching HER show instead of the vendor and his or her product.  It's just plain weird.  It's like I know I'm watching a shopping channel but Shawn doesnt' realize she's a salesperson.  It takes me out of my shopping experience. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@TY wrote:

On P.M. Style Shawn said that she needs to wear heels less often as her feet are pretty much hurting 24/7. She said that during a presentation for G.I.L.I. wedge sandals

A268087 but the video for the shoes is a different one than tonight's P.M. Style.

She may have addressed it, but I don't find her to be honest or sincere about it.  While selling those shoes last night, she commented about how comfy they were and she and IM even made a comment about her running across the set in them.  If her feet are that bad and painful, why not wear something else?  Sky high heels and platforms aren't necessary to have a nice or stylish look. 

She is a salesperson for QVC.  Do you expect her to say "if you buy these shoes they will be so uncomfortable they will kill or ruin your feet"?  Of course she's going to say they're comfortable, stylish whatever.....that's what she's getting paid for.  I just don't understand why this is continuing especially after her comment on Facebook that she only wears them on air.  She's not the only host who wears high heels but when they're off air live in flats and sneakers. 

Unless you are a close friend, relative, neighbor or someone that sees them on a regular basis outside of work, how do you or any of us know what the hosts wear when they're off the air? Oh, I forgot, it's because they tell us so.

You say that she's paid to say certain things.  There's the answer.  I don't see why they can't be honest both in a sales presentation as well as everything else.  Maybe, if they didn't harp on so much about their personal lives and issues (like the so called bad feet), people wouldn't keep questioning her about the high heels. LOL, that's the problem when you're not honest.  You have to back track and try to keep up with the fibs you tell. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, on today's Shawn's accessories show she said she has an MRI on her feet as she has pain in her achillies tendons. This was when she was talking to the Vionics vendor while presenting those Tides flip flops. Of course this was while explaining why she's wearing high heels and that she loves them but that she wears Vionics slippers at home.

i think when you are at the point where you need an MRI on your feet, it's time to re-think your shoe choices.

Honored Contributor

Shawn is full of it.

The end.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Well, on today's Shawn's accessories show she said she has an MRI on her feet as she has pain in her achillies tendons. This was when she was talking to the Vionics vendor while presenting those Tides flip flops. Of course this was while explaining why she's wearing high heels and that she loves them but that she wears Vionics slippers at home.

i think when you are at the point where you need an MRI on your feet, it's time to re-think your shoe choices.

The shoes she had on today were gorgeous.  I didn't care for them with her leggings but I loved the shoes.

I did give a one second thought to why she'd be wearing those killer heels when she had both Allegria and Vionics in the show.  It would have been the perfect time to wear super comfy shoes since she was selling them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva good point.  Maybe she just doesn't have any type of foot problem at all.