Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn complains about her bad feet, then wears high stacked heeled shoes?

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

Shawn, IMHO is no longer a credible host.

She is one big contradiction and makes things up including her own language.

Enough said.

Very true. They seem to not realize that viewers do pay attention to what is said. Too many contradictions and she keeps adding to the list.  This past week she was selling some sandals and was raving about them.  Said she didn't wear brown shoes, but two or three days before she was wearing those tall gladiator shoes in the color of brown. 

There's no credibility at all.  She often tells us how honest she is, yet when you're honest, you wouldn't have to keep track of your fibs.  You tell one, then you have to tell more to get out of it.  It's a wonder some of them can get in and out of the doorways with noses that grow like Pinocchio's!

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ― Mark Twain. tags: lies, lying, memory, truth.

8)

Super Contributor

I wouldn't look to Shawn for ANY style or fashion advice. I usually cringe whn I see her.

Honored Contributor

A few people brought this issue up recently on Shawn's FB page when she posted a photo of a high heel shoe.  They asked how she can say she has such bad feet and wear the shoes she does.

Shawn replied that she rarely, if ever, is in anything other than flat shoes off air.  She also said that she wears the shoes while she's on camera and takes them off as soon as she's done and she also said that there are times when her feet are killing her in those heels. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A few people brought this issue up recently on Shawn's FB page when she posted a photo of a high heel shoe.  They asked how she can say she has such bad feet and wear the shoes she does.

Shawn replied that she rarely, if ever, is in anything other than flat shoes off air.  She also said that she wears the shoes while she's on camera and takes them off as soon as she's done and she also said that there are times when her feet are killing her in those heels. 

she has also said that when she was "promoted" so to speak that she felt like some of her shows and outfits really needed a higher heel look....to promote a dressier look and appearance. she talked about it a few nights ago actually. she said she gets a lot of "flack" and comments when she wears heels, but that she really does practically live in vionics (and she mentioned another brand) when she is at home and off camera. no reason at all not to believe her.

i LOVE heels, but they dont necessarily love me anymore. do i wear them when i am at a dressier occasion? you bet......but every day running around and at work i am mostly in flats, vionics,  or a short stacked heel.

"suffering for the sake of fashion".......i know i have done it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I hope people will stop commenting about her feet now that she's addressed this silly issue.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Shawn recently said that she "brutalized" her feet to "look cute for you." So we're to blame b/c we want Shawn to look cute! Brutalizing her feet? How cruel can we be? So now when you see those brutalized high heels, it's not her fault!!! OMG, we're condeming her to a possible wheel chair. Let that be on your conscience. 

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I hope people will stop commenting about her feet now that she's addressed this silly issue.

I'm going to guess not. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

On P.M. Style Shawn said that she needs to wear heels less often as her feet are pretty much hurting 24/7. She said that during a presentation for G.I.L.I. wedge sandals

A268087 but the video for the shoes is a different one than tonight's P.M. Style.

Edited to add that the GILI shoe video from PM Style is online now so you can see Shawn's comments for yourself:

A268087

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Leather-Ankle-Strap-Wedges---Avery.product.A268087.html

By the way, the blonde model with the short hair -- her black shoes don't fit her feet either as they are sliding so far forward that her toes are hanging off the edge of the shoe's platform. Her feet look too narrow for these shoes and likely the shoe's forward pitch is too steep so the front of the shoe and the ankle strap don't keep her feet in place properly.

Honored Contributor

If some feel it's so ridiculous that others of us have commented regarding her hypocricy, why do they feel compelled to continue responding on these posts regarding her feet?  It makes no sense. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

On P.M. Style Shawn said that she needs to wear heels less often as her feet are pretty much hurting 24/7. She said that during a presentation for G.I.L.I. wedge sandals

A268087 but the video for the shoes is a different one than tonight's P.M. Style.

She may have addressed it, but I don't find her to be honest or sincere about it.  While selling those shoes last night, she commented about how comfy they were and she and IM even made a comment about her running across the set in them.  If her feet are that bad and painful, why not wear something else?  Sky high heels and platforms aren't necessary to have a nice or stylish look.