Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn complains about her bad feet, then wears high stacked heeled shoes?

Personally I don't buy shoes or clothing from shopping channel. There nothing wrong if you do. I find better bargains at TJMaxx,Ross.and Macys. I used to buy handbags, but find better bargains else where. I seldom buy jewelry anymore from shopping channel. I do love to look on line,especially at jewelry. 

The many years I have  watch shopping channels I have never bought while a host was selling a product. . I go on line ,I read reviews,research the item,and  look at the video and make up my own mind. And when I do watch, I take anything the hosts saids with a grain of salt.

Esteemed Contributor

Great call O/P so true. She has put her foot in her mouth too many times. Excuse the pun.Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Great call O/P so true. She has put her foot in her mouth too many times. Excuse the pun.Woman Surprised

LOL, open mouth, insert foot with expensive shoe bought at that place with valet parking!

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

LOL, open mouth, insert foot with expensive shoe bought at that place with valet parking!

LOL so right......Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The interest in Shawn's feet gives me a giggle.

Occasional Contributor

She wears the same jewelry all the time. A jewelry person has a closet full. I know. I am one. Jewelry is a passion for a jewelry person. For example  there is Antoinella  who is really a jewlery person. she has eclectic tastes and boundless enthusiasm for jewelry.

As for Shawn's feet, I am sure she wears comfortable shoes off air. She is now a QVC major fashion rep. She needs to look the part. She has even said she wears heels on air because of her new job. However, many of them are stack heels. She spends a great deal of time sitting. She is a professional. She can't project a fashion image for all lines wearing sneakers or ortho flip flops all the time. There are heels and there are heels. I have difficult feet too. I have learned to work around them for short periods of time.

Judge not least.........

Honored Contributor

Does anyone think ANY of the hosts wears stilettos 16-18 hours a day and not just while on-air? lol And who even cares? This is another ridiculous topic of conversation on the boards. Giving me a case of the giggles.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Does anyone think ANY of the hosts wears stilettos 16-18 hours a day and not just while on-air? lol And who even cares? This is another ridiculous topic of conversation on the boards. Giving me a case of the giggles.

Hi Snicks.  I don't think any of us could care less if she wasn't such a hypocrite.  That's what fuels the speculation.  She used to say, "ad nauseum", that she couldn't wear heels due to such problematic feet.  She stated numerous times she could only wear IM mocassins and Birkis and Vionics.  

That's why so many of us find it comical and very paradoxical.  

Other hosts who do not state what she has don't come under the same scrutiny if they wear stilettos.  They aren't contradicting themselves.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Winamac, thanks for the explanation. I haven't watched Shawn (QVC much, really) for a couple years so I am out of touch. Just hard to believe so many posts about this one host, normally after reading one or two posts I just move on, lol. Hardly worth all the attention she gets from so many people. I normally don't bother to add to these posts, about her or any of the other hosts, it just made me laugh this time and I kept reading.
Hope you are having a good day, Win.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
@winamac1, thanks for the explanation. I haven't watched Shawn (QVC much, really) for a couple years so I am out of touch. Just hard to believe so many posts about this one host, normally after reading one or two posts I just move on, lol. Hardly worth all the attention she gets from so many people. I normally don't bother to add to these posts, about her or any of the other hosts, it just made me laugh this time and I kept reading.
Hope you are having a good day, Win.

Hi Snicks.   I agree...it's comical.  I hope you, as well, are having a great day! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"