Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn complains about her bad feet, then wears high stacked heeled shoes?

Ok, I have to put in m two cents.  Being someone that find heels not very comfortable (I run a lot and since taking that up, my feet seem more affected by my regular shoes). I still find that I love the look of a heel.   I know my feet hurt when I wear them but sometimes I just can't help myself. I am only 5"2 and I love the added height and I work in a business that I need to dress for. 

I understand Shawn's love/hate with the heel.  Sometime you just don't always do what is best for you Smiley Happy

Deb

Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Ok, I have to put in m two cents.  Being someone that find heels not very comfortable (I run a lot and since taking that up, my feet seem more affected by my regular shoes). I still find that I love the look of a heel.   I know my feet hurt when I wear them but sometimes I just can't help myself. I am only 5"2 and I love the added height and I work in a business that I need to dress for. 

I understand Shawn's love/hate with the heel.  Sometime you just don't always do what is best for you Smiley Happy

Deb

i agree wholeheartedly with what you said @SFGIANTSGIRL !

i am not a big heels fan anymore, but i do wear them sometimes because they just complete the look. i do  also like platforms and kitten heels which feel a bit better. do my feet hurt afterwards?......yes.......would i do anything different?.......no.

exactly why i said "some of us like to suffer in the name of fashion."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I love beautiful shoes, and I think everybody's glad to get their high heels off after a while. However, when you suggest your salary is going to a Podiatrist b/c they're a huge issue, it's time to re-evaluate between your love of shoes and the health of your feet, spine. It's different when you're harming your health. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am so over her.  If QVC thinks she is the heir apparent to Lisa Robertson they are nuts.  She doesn't have the grace or flair of Lisa.  I find her difficult to watch and usually change the channel wwhen she is the host.

Honored Contributor

GILI is a line without a captain or a rudder.  Shawn can't replace Lisa. Jill Martin is a hired spokesperson, nothing more.  I predict the demise of this line within a year or two.  Great idea, designer concept items at realistic prices.  Unfortunately the execution is failing. 

Respected Contributor

Shawnie Sue contradicted herself yet again last night.  She was presenting the IM leather daisy cutout sneakers.  She was going on and on about them and talking about which color to buy.  Then she clearly said that she doesn't wear flat shoes! 

Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised, @MarthaStewardess. She can't remember what she said an hour ago, and then has to tell you about it. 

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Not surprised, @MarthaStewardess. She can't remember what she said an hour ago, and then has to tell you about it. 

LOL, I know!  QVC needs to reign her in.  If she hadn't gone on and on and on about her personal issues including her so-called  bad feet, there wouldn't be the controversy about her honesty/credibility.  LOL, I heard her say it last night and in the video of the presentation of the shoes she clearly says it.