dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

What is this cat doing? Dancing? 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

What else?

Respected Contributor

@lynettey wrote:

My TV is new , just not a big screen. I'll refrain from calling her goth, since it upsets people. I've seen pics of her with her hubby in her blog and she did not have the black eye make up on..maybe she just wears it for TV. Such a shame to cover up natural beauty. 

But you are criticizing her. What "upsets" people as you condescendingly put it is you have no problem passing judgement that could be hurtful. Imagine if she read this constant point being made by you. We get it...you dislike how she looks.

Respected Contributor

@Doxielover wrote:

Another day, another thread about Shawn and her hair, makeup, clothes, etc. lol Woman Frustrated

@Doxielover

I'm amazed how passionate people are about Shawn's look (and Lisa Robertson before her).   I think fashion should be fun...and I am glad that Shawn seems to enjoy her on-air style.  As others have indicated, she is much more casual in the at home pics she shares.  

I think it would be fun to have a job where I got to change up my style to fit my mood.  

Frequent Contributor

Interestingly, I just heard Laura Geller say that a smokey eye is not a "dark" eye. Maybe she is misinformed.

I did go to google to look up goth makeup, and there are many variations, including just very dark, black, eyemakeup with no frills.

Frequent Contributor

Actually, my intent is not to pass judgement on her-- She is quite beautiful. I would hope if she read my comments she would feel she doesnt need all of that --she is pretty naturally. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lynettey wrote:

Interestingly, I just heard Laura Geller say that a smokey eye is not a "dark" eye. Maybe she is misinformed.

I did go to google to look up goth makeup, and there are many variations, including just very dark, black, eyemakeup with no frills.

Yes, she is misinformed, just like most things. The new smokey eye has a light shade over the dark to mute the blackness. It's very pretty. And Shawn is "misinformed" about a nude lip, also, as many have told her: a nude lip is not a white lip or no color lip. And covering the one eye, like a gargoyle, and stiff as a board? The geometric is good looking, but soft and moving to one side w/o covering entirely. 

Respected Contributor

Shawn does not wear this heavy make up when she is not on the Q doing her job. She has stated that time and time again she wears very little make up at all when she is off the job. Even when she is traveling she prefers no make up. The people at the Q do her make up and all the other hosts even the guys are made up by the staff. so maybe she does not like that look but they want her to wear it. the make up artists are doing the faces of all the hosts.

Valued Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@Doxielover wrote:

Another day, another thread about Shawn and her hair, makeup, clothes, etc. lol Woman Frustrated

@Doxielover

I'm amazed how passionate people are about Shawn's look (and Lisa Robertson before her).   I think fashion should be fun...and I am glad that Shawn seems to enjoy her on-air style.  As others have indicated, she is much more casual in the at home pics she shares.  

I think it would be fun to have a job where I got to change up my style to fit my mood.  

This is part of what gets me about Shawn.  She seems to be a very relaxed, down to earth person.  But her on air persona is almost like she is trying to be something different.  She never used to dress like this on air.  I understand style evolves, but this is a complete 180.  I used to enjoy Shawn a lot, but I find her unwatchable now.  I think she is trying to be something she's not and overcompensating.  I wish she would go back to being the laid back Shawn! 

Esteemed Contributor

When we try to be someone we aren't, we lose our authenticity along the way and oftentimes our likability factor suffers as well.