Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn, Wear a Different Dress!!

@NanaLinda wrote:

Oh, for Pete's sake, what's the difference how many times Shawn wears an outfit???  Even Duchess Catherine re-wears her clothing!  

This is just what I was thinking.  Princess Diana was a darling of high fashion and almost never wore the same item twice.  She was adored for that, but also criticised.  Many considered it a frivolous waste of money.  Duchess Catherine wears more modestly priced clothing and wears clothing many times.  She always looks nice but doesn't come across as wasteful.  I don't think the QVC hosts should spend exorbitant amounts of  money in an attempt to never wear the same outfit twice.  In fact, I find it nice to see how many ways they can take a plain base piece, say, a simple black dress, and inexpensively change it up with belts, jewelry, scarves, etc.  That's what most of US have to do!

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Fortunately for us both Lisa R and Shawn look good in everything they put on.

LOL.. look good in everything?  .I have to disagree with that comment!

Esteemed Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

As the host of PM Style, QVC has basically crowned SK as their next top fashionista.  As such, I think she should dress and act accordingly.  Yes, Lisa wore the same thing all the time, but she did change frequently during the show.  SK has a nice figure and looks good in almost everything she wears.  If only she would fix her hair!!!!  

Shawn lacks basic knowledge about fabric and garment construction which a true fashionista would know though. I watched part of the Shawn Finds yesterday and saw Isaac Mizrahi mention "peau de soie" and Shawn asked "What's that?"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe it was a mistake for the Q to give Shawn so many of their high-profile fashion shows. If they intended for her to take over the role of queen bee fashionista, I don't think it's working. LR is a fashionista in real life, whereas Shawn is not. She's even admitted that she always wears flats (because she has foot problems), and dresses casually when not on the air. She appears to be out of her element during the fashion shows. And she seems awkward and uncomfortable when running around the set in those stilettos-- like the proverbial bull in a china shop. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

@TY wrote:

@CorrTor wrote:

As the host of PM Style, QVC has basically crowned SK as their next top fashionista.  As such, I think she should dress and act accordingly.  Yes, Lisa wore the same thing all the time, but she did change frequently during the show.  SK has a nice figure and looks good in almost everything she wears.  If only she would fix her hair!!!!  

Shawn lacks basic knowledge about fabric and garment construction which a true fashionista would know though. I watched part of the Shawn Finds yesterday and saw Isaac Mizrahi mention "peau de soie" and Shawn asked "What's that?"

Seriously? Not all hosts know everything about fabrics and I doubt if you do either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shawn was probably not a girly girl when growing up. The words of which she has little or no knowledge appear to be words her mother would have used frequently in shopping and basic, lady's household duties.

Esteemed Contributor

@1jenniferjuniper wrote:

@TY wrote:

@CorrTor wrote:

Seriously? Not all hosts know everything about fabrics and I doubt if you do either.

I know a lot about fabric because I know how to sew. My mom was a dress maker and a tailor as well so yes.. I do know a lot about fabrics including what peau de soie is.

Trusted Contributor

I think Shawn is unique, and i enjoy her very much.  I also think her

style is fine.  She has a nice figure, and can wear anything quite well.

I am amazed at the frequent bashing of her.

Trusted Contributor

Amazed by the bashing? Not me....there are a lot of people on this forum who bash the hosts....unmercifully! I also think some people just like stirring the pot....Shawn has a nice personality but I do agree she isn't a fashion guru but she is learning...with the exception of whatever that monstrosity was last night!
Valued Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I believe it was a mistake for the Q to give Shawn so many of their high-profile fashion shows. If they intended for her to take over the role of queen bee fashionista, I don't think it's working. LR is a fashionista in real life, whereas Shawn is not. She's even admitted that she always wears flats (because she has foot problems), and dresses casually when not on the air. She appears to be out of her element during the fashion shows. And she seems awkward and uncomfortable when running around the set in those stilettos-- like the proverbial bull in a china shop. JMHO.

I always thought they should have given PM Style to Sandra Bennett.  She often filled in and did a great job.  Her style is a lot calmer and more laid back than SK and I think it would have been a better fit.  Although I am glad they gave her the beauty shows.