Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn, Wear a Different Dress!!

Geesh! does it really matter?

Honored Contributor

TY1, I have a background in fabrics from my youth. I don't know everything but I have vast knowledge of fabrics, more than the average person but I am not here to trade swords or fight with you, just making an observation and no, all the hosts don't know everything about fabrics but most of them know 80% more than Shawn.

Respected Contributor

Have to say I think some watch Shawn just so they can come here and knock her about what she wears, how she walks, if she has heels on, about her hair just any old thing they can complain about. The fact she didn't know what peau de soic is well what the heck my wedding gown had that kind of material on it over 54 years ago. Actually I have not heard that word in a long time. I watching her tonight and she seems to be doing a good job presenting but og coarse i am not watching her to nit pick what she is wearing or if she didn't know what a certain fabric was.

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Have to say I think some watch Shawn just so they can come here and knock her about what she wears, how she walks, if she has heels on, about her hair just any old thing they can complain about. The fact she didn't know what peau de soic is well what the heck my wedding gown had that kind of material on it over 54 years ago. Actually I have not heard that word in a long time. I watching her tonight and she seems to be doing a good job presenting but og coarse i am not watching her to nit pick what she is wearing or if she didn't know what a certain fabric was.

@cater-the target used to be Lisa Robertson, and it was so nasty before all of the forum changes/stricter monitoring. This is tame compared to what was permitted last year.

Some of it is about "the nature of the job" but most of it is per your statement above in bold. It's not about Shawn or Lisa, or the vendor/host du jour, rather truly a sad reflection on those "dishing it out".

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Used to read all the smacks and jabs given to Lisa and it was terrible. I am proud to say that I have never typed a mean word about any of the hosts on QVC. I have always said they are men and ladies trying to do a job at their best ability trying to earn a pay check. I feel if they were not doing the job the way the company managers and their employer wanted them to do they would not be standing in front of a camera presenting items. Some on here act like they are signing the pay checks for these QVC employees. Lets face   the amount of people who belong on these forums and post on them we are a drop in the bucket for the amount of people who are the viewers. I have been a QVC watcher and buyer since they came on our cable which I think I am safe to say is over 26 years. Thanks for your response back to me Chi-town girl have a nice night.

Trusted Contributor

TOTALLY AGREE HER DRESS CODE IS TERRIBLE

Honored Contributor

I like to think that people matter..not what they wear or how they look.I think Shawn looks great and I wish I could look that good.I get that people like to comment on their views and I doubt that it hurts Shawns feelings but I hate to believe that people are such harsh judges.

Honored Contributor

Well, M'am, my grandfather and later my father was in textiles and I do know a lot about fabrics since my grandmother was a dress designer and successful tailor as well.  I wish the hostess whose name shall remain unspoken would do her homework so she would know as much as she should about fabrics given her "elevated" position with QVC in the fashion world.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I always thought Lisa & Shawn wore basic outfits (usually black) so they could try on sweaters, jackets etc.

Makes perfect sense to me. Smart in fact!

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, Use a Larger Font!!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop