Honored Contributor

I tend to think that when a host has her own show-- especially when it has her name in the title-- she begins to believe that the show is all about her. This should not be the case. It's not "Live With Kelly and 'Whoever'." Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

@Nitefall wrote:

Do you think you could give a measurement? Or at least tell us the size the models are wearing! I would much rather have information about the product than a "song" about Austria!!!! I'm sorry but Shawn is the worst host for this information.

@Nitefall

And what measurements would she rattle off for XS - 3X?  Bust, Waist, Hips, Pant Length, Sleeve Length?  Just the Bust, Waist, and Hips alone is 28 numbers.  This is just too much!  As for the size of the models, the television can be misleading adding pounds, so comparing your size to somone on the tv can be very deceiving.  

Esteemed Contributor

@terriebear wrote:

@Nitefall wrote:

Do you think you could give a measurement? Or at least tell us the size the models are wearing! I would much rather have information about the product than a "song" about Austria!!!! I'm sorry but Shawn is the worst host for this information.

@Nitefall

And what measurements would she rattle off for XS - 3X?  Bust, Waist, Hips, Pant Length, Sleeve Length?  Just the Bust, Waist, and Hips alone is 28 numbers.  This is just too much!  As for the size of the models, the television can be misleading adding pounds, so comparing your size to somone on the tv can be very deceiving.  

@terriebear

Believe it or not, they used to state the bust, waist, hip sizes and keep this information listed on the upper of screen - both shopping channels did this.  In regards to selling jewelry, the host had a ruler and measured stone size, etc. 

Yeah, tv can add about ten lbs.  but if a certain model is pretty close one can kinda judge; more importantly, knowing their usual size and the size of item they are modeling helps bigtime. 

They spend ample time on each item to do this; they or their predeessors have done this in the past, so they should be able to do this now and still have time for a cute comment or two.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn Please!!

[ Edited ]

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

Send an email. That might help more than mentioning your concerns here. 

------------------------------

I cannot watch Shawn and two other hosts.  I am sure they are decent/nice people. But, to my mind, they are horrible presenters!  They don't give the correct item info and focus too much on their personal lives.  I don't care they/she went to the beach or that they/she ate in New York or that they/she want to learn to tango!            Certainly have limited my QVC time!!  I have emailed my "concerns" and always get a nice, "thank you very much" email back!!   Yet, no changes!!

Super Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@terriebear wrote:

@Nitefall wrote:

@Nitefall

@terriebear

Believe it or not, they used to state the bust, waist, hip sizes and keep this information listed on the upper of screen - both shopping channels did this.  In regards to selling jewelry, the host had a ruler and measured stone size, etc. 

Yeah, tv can add about ten lbs.  but if a certain model is pretty close one can kinda judge; more importantly, knowing their usual size and the size of item they are modeling helps bigtime. 

They spend ample time on each item to do this; they or their predeessors have done this in the past, so they should be able to do this now and still have time for a cute comment or two.

@eddyandme wrote:

@terriebear wrote:

@Nitefall wrote:

@Nitefall

@terriebear

@Nitefall

Management obviously decided not to show measurements on the screen anymore, and Shawn may not have access to measurements on her blue card either. Having a tape measure and actually measuring garments is not something the hosts do, so blaming Shawn is ill placed in my opinion.  I think the "click here" feature came into fruition about the same time the on screen measurements went away.  They are very precise.  If one does not have acess to a computer, then customer service can help when placing an order.

Honored Contributor

There are plenty of helpful things a host can impart to us without going through a litany of measurements that only a seamstress understands.

"runs true to size' comes to mind and 'this piece contains spandex so you have room to err'

No one is being unreasonable here; just talk about the garment in productive ways. Otherwise there's really no point in watching a 'shopping channel' is there?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@hennypenny wrote:

Not all of us wish to run to another room to look at the computer.

I agree.  It is so refreshing when a host will take the time to say what size each model is wearing.  Carolyn always gives that information and she says what size she is wearing as well. 

@sunshine 919

I still don't see why what size the model is wearing makes all that much difference.   Body type is more important.   Even if you're the same size, if one woman has a pear shape and the other has an apple shape body the outfit won't look like it looks on the model.  JMO 

I've been saying this for years.  It makes no difference to me what size the model wears or the host.  It doesn't help me one iota but posters are insistent they need that information. 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

If the management felt it was necessary to give the measurements I'm sure they would tell them. Just another excuse to bash the host! 

No it's really not an excuse to bash a host.  Management doesn't always get things right.  And they won't know what the viewers need of the viewers don't tell them.  Sometimes changes get made because of viewers' requests. 

Honored Contributor

The measurements are still shown on the screen plenty of times as is the model information such as size, height, bust, etc.

If that wasn't being done last night, someone dropped the ball.  

In the past as others posters have said, yes the hosts used to go through the measurements such as waist/hips on pants and bust on tops.  However, some of you may recall that Jayne Brown was instrumental in getting that stopped because she complained that it was just too much information for the hosts to give.  People complained and they brought the measurements back.

I guess that information is too much to give if you want to get into personal details and stories all the time.  I don't really care where you wear an outfit, that you bought it and what color you bought.  I don't need to be told where I can wear it either.       

New Contributor

Watching last night and Shawn worked my last good nerve. She didn't offend me but someone needs to seriously talk to her. Love Love Love Issac Mizrahi but he looked so uncomfortable trying to explain what the tango is and she wouldn't let it go. Cringe worthy. Got worse when she attempted to interview Katia the model. There is NO such thing as speaking Haitian. In light of the aftermath of Matthew, she could have been more sensitive. BTW the island of Haiti speak English, French, Creole and Spanish. Props to Katia for getting through that mess and being gracious. Shawn could've handled that better...acknowledge your igorance and quickly change the topic. Shawn...time to step up your professionalism and not be sooooo ANNOYING!