Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn Please!!

[ Edited ]

The first year Shawn was on she was GREAT.  She appeared to take her job seriously as was descriptive in her presentations.  

Fast forward to today,  things have changed!  She often leaves out product info and engages in incessant babbling.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lori Kaye wrote:

If the management felt it was necessary to give the measurements I'm sure they would tell them. Just another excuse to bash the host! 

No it's really not an excuse to bash a host.  Management doesn't always get things right.  And they won't know what the viewers need of the viewers don't tell them.  Sometimes changes get made because of viewers' requests. 

@Lipstickdiva

I wonder if anyone complaining here has even bothered to write to Customer Service (or the Suggestion Box sevtion) and actually TELL QVC what bothers them.  Some just complain .... and then they complain because their complaining didn't get noticed.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shawn Please!!

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lori Kaye wrote:

If the management felt it was necessary to give the measurements I'm sure they would tell them. Just another excuse to bash the host! 

No it's really not an excuse to bash a host.  Management doesn't always get things right.  And they won't know what the viewers need of the viewers don't tell them.  Sometimes changes get made because of viewers' requests. 

@Lipstickdiva

I wonder if anyone complaining here has even bothered to write to Customer Service (or the Suggestion Box sevtion) and actually TELL QVC what bothers them.  Some just complain .... and then they complain because their complaining didn't get noticed.   

------------------------------

My biggest complaint is that some of the hosts are such poor presenters!  And, yes, I have called and emailed QVC to voice my concerns.  Either tutor/teach them to become better presenters or get rid of them!  My solution is to stop watching any of their shows.....works out very well for me. 

I rarely watch an entire show anymore.  I do flip through the Q channel during other channels' breaks, but am no longer a regular Q viewer.   Life goes on.....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The measurements are still shown on the screen plenty of times as is the model information such as size, height, bust, etc.

If that wasn't being done last night, someone dropped the ball.  

In the past as others posters have said, yes the hosts used to go through the measurements such as waist/hips on pants and bust on tops.  However, some of you may recall that Jayne Brown was instrumental in getting that stopped because she complained that it was just too much information for the hosts to give.  People complained and they brought the measurements back.

I guess that information is too much to give if you want to get into personal details and stories all the time.  I don't really care where you wear an outfit, that you bought it and what color you bought.  I don't need to be told where I can wear it either.       

@Lipstickdiva You are correct, it was Jayne Brown who tried to do away with garment measurements, there was such an uproar that the Q brought them back, thankfully.  I did email CS re this as she said on air, "well they'll just have to get used to it"  my response was "how rude"   but at least now we have the measurements online

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

@granny me wrote:

I'm sorry but the show is named after her. I watch with the sound off and if I am interested I pull the item up on QVC.com.

Agree.  How hard is it to pull up the item to check for measurements. 

I think her point is that it is the salesgirl's JOB to provide such information. 

And not everyone has a computer on their lap or a phone in their paw every second.  Yes, I don't understand QVC doesn't give information about products up front and during presentations, unless they don't want us to make purchases based on information.

And yes, it is the host's job.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind

Respected Contributor

I do not understand why.....Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The measurements are still shown on the screen plenty of times as is the model information such as size, height, bust, etc.

If that wasn't being done last night, someone dropped the ball.  

In the past as others posters have said, yes the hosts used to go through the measurements such as waist/hips on pants and bust on tops.  However, some of you may recall that Jayne Brown was instrumental in getting that stopped because she complained that it was just too much information for the hosts to give.  People complained and they brought the measurements back.

I guess that information is too much to give if you want to get into personal details and stories all the time.  I don't really care where you wear an outfit, that you bought it and what color you bought.  I don't need to be told where I can wear it either.       

I think she had a lot of involvement partly because she was involved in the changeover to designating items as "fitted," "semi-fitted," and "relaxed," which occurred at (about?) the same time as they stopped giving all of the measurements. It was supposed to be the new way to figure out one's size.

Esteemed Contributor

When the host tells you the item comes in petite, regular and tall, but cannot tell you those inseams, she can kiss that sale good-bye from me.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@hennypenny wrote:

Not all of us wish to run to another room to look at the computer.

If I were interested enough in the item ... I'd pick up the phone and call CS and ask them.  They'd have more info about sizing than the hosts do.

And while you're doing that, your size or color sells out, & maybe there is someone in the room who doesn't need to listen to your call.