Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

Not all of us wish to run to another room to look at the computer.

I agree.  It is so refreshing when a host will take the time to say what size each model is wearing.  Carolyn always gives that information and she says what size she is wearing as well. 

Respected Contributor

This makes me think back. I can't remember the last time I heard someone provide measurements.  Remember?  They used to actually have a tape measure!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@hennypenny wrote:

I agree.  It is so refreshing when a host will take the time to say what size each model is wearing.  Carolyn always gives that information and she says what size she is wearing as well. 

@sunshine 919

I still don't see why what size the model is wearing makes all that much difference.   Body type is more important.   Even if you're the same size, if one woman has a pear shape and the other has an apple shape body the outfit won't look like it looks on the model.  JMO 

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching the show a long time ago. It just costs too much to return something and I can't take the chance if it doesn't fit.....

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn isn't the only host that doesn't give very much product info.  Why do we need them if they can't do their jobs?  Get rid of them and lower the prices.  I have a computer and tablets but shouldn't need them if I'm watching. Just show the colors,give the measurements and fabric.  Then start dancing and selling.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

If the management felt it was necessary to give the measurements I'm sure they would tell them. Just another excuse to bash the host! 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why do posters constantly make excuses for a host not doing his/her job?  If you didn't do your job at work, how long do you think you'd continue to have a job?  Maybe those of you who think not doing their job is okay don't work. 

It is the hosts' jobs to give pertinent information so that customers can make an informed decision to buy or not buy a product.  No one should have to fire up their computer or their smart phone and look up information that should be given by the host. 

Believe it or not, there are some people who don't have a computer or a smart phone.   

@Lipstickdiva

Just to make things more confusing she did mention a size but it was hers and it completely threw me off!

" I ordered a size 2" ??!!! In another segment she said her chest measurement was 38"...

Makes it difficult to pick a size if you're actually interested in the jacket..Is she telling us it runs really really large?

Super Contributor

Re: Shawn Please!!

[ Edited ]

I cannot watch her and IM saying like every other word is, like, beyond annoying!!

tinkerbell. I'm a Scorpio and don't think I even own anything black except pants    I wear bold multicolored prints!!! Lol. I also find the black very  depressing!!' Ugghh to it all.  I also try never to buy online when she is on air. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

If the management felt it was necessary to give the measurements I'm sure they would tell them. Just another excuse to bash the host! 

I don't think she was bashing the host, but merely stating her feelings.  This is a shopping channel, imho, hosts are there to present useful information, eg., fit and measurements.  That's their jobs - they're salespeople, not entertainers.  Newcasters, weather people, etc. present the news (that's iffy) and weather forecasts;  I haven't seen any dancng around et al in place of informing the viewer which they were hired to do.

I like Shawn - I think she's cute in many ways.  I also think she gets sidetracked at times.  Didn't watch that show, so I can't comment on the 'goings on'.  But, I think those who did and wish to critique, be it a host, programming, etc., has a right to do so in a nice way without being labeled a basher.  These forums are for us to express our points of view without being judged or labeled.

And, Lori Kaye, if management doesn't feel it necessary that their salespeople given measurements, etc., perhaps they should since this could be causing a slack in QVC's sales.

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

If I were interested enough in the item ... I'd pick up the phone and call CS and ask them.  They'd have more info about sizing than the hosts do.