Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

This train wreck is on my screen right now as I'm flipping thru.  It's a repeat show on the plus channel.  I recently made a comment about not liking women's clothing right now, but this outfit is in a whole nother category.  Speechless!  I cannot imagine dressing like this.  Just cannot.

Take a look at the thread on Community Chat.....apparently somebody likes it.... No accounting for taste that's for sure.

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

This train wreck is on my screen right now as I'm flipping thru.  It's a repeat show on the plus channel.  I recently made a comment about not liking women's clothing right now, but this outfit is in a whole nother category.  Speechless!  I cannot imagine dressing like this.  Just cannot.

I don't get the plus channel....How can I see the dress?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

@happygolfcartrider, go to the show at 2:00 EDT, 1:00 CDT and watch the Lodis presentation. She is there in full glory, gladiator sandals and all. Sigh.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@emarcam wrote:
To answer 'Why would you sit & push something you are not willing to actually wear?'

The answer is simple...

Because QVC allows it.

And because you are better and more wonderful than the people watching and you want to be sure they understand that.  YOU don't have to wear that stuff you are selling.

Isn't that the point?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner, that is COMPLETELY the point. Why should I buy anything she's selling when it's not good enough for her? I quit watching any show she hosts long ago.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Sooner, that is COMPLETELY the point. Why should I buy anything she's selling when it's not good enough for her? I quit watching any show she hosts long ago.

I simply do not get their clothing shows where the host wears nothing they sell.  That seems totally bizarre to me.  Jayne Brown and Pat are happy to wear what they are selling, and it does make a difference in how I perceive the show.  I wish they were on at night!  Now I would watch that!!!!!  They have improved so very much over the last few years in that show.

Valued Contributor

I had not thought about how I feel more inclined to purchase if the host is wearing the clothes but it is really true. It is great for her that she can deduct her clothes from her taxes but I never buy from her shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lainey59 wrote:

I say that all the time.  They should not be allowed to wear anything that a viewer cannot buy on QVC at that time.   I also hate when they wear things that are very limited to only a few sizes.

Well, @Lainey59, the Q should not give a presentation with only a few sizes. These should be relegated to Sales or Lunchtime Specials, but the Q wants to pinch every penny they can get out of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

The dress would be fine for walking the boardwalk at the beach, w/o the gladiators of course. The dress and gladiators just looked bizarre. The Q better go hunting for another Fashion Diva. 

Now, anyone who has seen Trish McEvoy has seen someone who looks beautiful in off the shoulder, and very fashionable. She knows what to wear with it and is a beautiful lady. You can bet she isn't wearing her gladiators with it. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching shows on QVC about 2 to years ago and Shawn was one of the reasons. She didn't seem able to speak standard English and I just found her insufferable. I check out things online instead...it is laughable to think Shawn is into couture!  I think hosts should wear QVC fashions...many of them do and it was helpful to have them tell viewers what item number they were wearing. Shawn's entire sense of style is just a hot mess IMO.