Occasional Contributor

Re: Shawn Killinger's Dress Tonight

I often criticize Shawn's appearance, but credit where credit is due she knocked it out of the park last Tuesday.  She wore a beautiful blue dress and her hair wasn't in her face.

Now if she will stop using her shift for her personal shopping and bragging about how many of each item she has purchased we will have made progress.  Eliminate the name dropping too, Shawn, no one cares what is on Oprah's list or which celebs the vendors work with when not on qvc.  I know it doesn't impress me nor help me decide on purchases.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I think Amy Stran, the first years of her hosting duties, wore nothing but QVC.  Now she wears some, but not all, QVC clothing.  She would look good in a potato sack so they should dress her in QVC attire all the time and make note of it on a ticker tape across the screen.

Amy Stran has found her own style, which QVC needs to sell to all viewers! Why haven't they taken Amy on as a designer? She's talented and so professional. QVC is missing the boat by not tapping into Amy's hidden talents. She's a great host and could be a much better designer than the G.I.L.I. line, which has floundered and could be dropped IMO. Who knows? Amy might become a mentor of Louis Dell'Olio. Wouldn't that be an amazing opportunity for anyone? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

I think Amy Stran, the first years of her hosting duties, wore nothing but QVC.  Now she wears some, but not all, QVC clothing.  She would look good in a potato sack so they should dress her in QVC attire all the time and make note of it on a ticker tape across the screen.

Amy Stran has found her own style, which QVC needs to sell to all viewers! Why haven't they taken Amy on as a designer? She's talented and so professional. QVC is missing the boat by not tapping into Amy's hidden talents. She's a great host and could be a much better designer than the G.I.L.I. line, which has floundered and could be dropped IMO. Who knows? Amy might become a mentor of Louis Dell'Olio. Wouldn't that be an amazing opportunity for anyone? 

I don’t think Louis needs Amy to “mentor” him.  Louis has had a long and successful career and done very nicely without any advice from Amy or for that matter any other QVC salesperson.

Honored Contributor

QVC hosts do not get financial incentives for wearing other designers' clothing.  QVC hosts have FB pages in many aspects to push QVC clothes, beauty and upcoming TSV previews.

QVC hosts don't send a good message to viewers by not wearing QVC clothes.  It's ridiculous that they often don't.   It makes absolutely no business sense.  It's marketing 101.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Can someone post a photo of the dress, I was not watching QVC last night and can not find it easily in the past shows

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Finally.  Someone is willing to answer the question!!!

Contributor

I am 72 and have been watching QVC off and on for over twenty some years.  I have said this day in and day out.

Why do the Host not wear clothes they sell on the show.  The come out with store bought outfits and sell the ****** they have made in China and the Phillipines to customers of the show and charge a fortune.

Wear what is being sold on the show.  QVC has changed so much that if I purchase 4 items a year that is a lot.

By the way their mother company bought HSN.  That is whay you now see vendors from HSN on QVC.  Going to be a monopoly and returns and shipping is falling apart.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@BirkiLady.  Amy mentor Louis?? Do you mean the other way around?

Esteemed Contributor

LOL - Opps! Of course Louis would mentor Amy. Thanks for catching that one!! My bad.Smiley Embarassed

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Has Amy expressed a interest in doing her own designing?