Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn Has Come A Long Way

@jonbon wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This is about the third, possibly fourth transformation for Shawn.  When she first came to QVC, she dressed very professionally with shorter blonde hair.  I thought she was an excellant host.  

Then she cut her hair shorter, into what I thought was a cute and funky haircut and began wearing only dresses and gowns and very high heels.  She always said she hated lipstick, hated jeans, hated pants and wasn't a handbag person.  She was given the job as host of PMS and her dressing amped up even more.  Rarely did Shawn wear clothing she was presenting and if she did, it was thrown on over the top of something she was already wearing.    

There was a time in between "Professional Shawn" and "High Heel Shawn" when she had her Shawn Says Accessorize! show. During that period, she was "Yoga Pants Shawn" (she claimed that was almost all she wore, confirmed by her BFF at the time, one of the Breezies sisters), and she talked about her bad feet a lot, since at that point she was selling things like Lamo boots and wasn't yet wearing the sky high heels.

@jonbon, this made me laugh but I do remember this.  She used to have that show on Friday afternoons.  She wore leggings and Spencos, or Vionics or Lamo boots and did talk about her bad feet all the time.  

Somedays I can't remember what I had for lunch but I remember something like this.  SMH at myself.   

Esteemed Contributor

I only recently started  shopping at QVC  again after a 20 yr hiatus . I do shop catalogs  and  do go to some  stores when I can try certain outfits on that I've seen in a catalog .

I do feel that all the Hosts should wear on air the outfits that they are selling , however some of the brands  don't seem to  be consistent  with our  impression of what clothes style the Hosts actually would wear when not on the air.  I see Shawn as more eclectic and stylish along with the other  Hosts  Sandra Bennett, and Katrinia Szish . Atleast these are a few that I have seen  not being familiar with all the Hosts .  Of couse am sure all the Hosts have their favorite cozy fleece robes , slippers and  casual leizure outfits to run errands in at home,  but some of the  styles QVC offers at times look more mature and matronly . So, to sell more maybe they are tying to mix it up with the Hosts to sell all the brands . Just wish they'd keep some of the  newer Hosts for some of the snazzier  wears such as  the snake skin Halston jacket , boots, shoes  to give us young at heart  who  want to dress  younger than we are some  inspiration . I'm not too inspired by the  Hosts who yell  and talk so loud or  act like they drank  Fri-Yay giggle juice .

Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me how you rock clothes?  I think this is such a stupid way to describe an outfit.  YUCK!