Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@TY wrote:

I like sharkbite hem tops from the Nygard brand. They are usually print tops made of ITY polyester jersey. This is what a typical top looks like if you do a google search - (from pinterest). The tops are tunic length and most have 3/4 sleeves. I own various ones in different prints and I pair them with skinny jeans and leggings. The necklines vary from round to V neck. They don't have crazy high low hems or crazy looking ruffles. Some tops have sheer bell sleeves too.

Image result for Nygard sharkbite hem tops pinterest

@TY

This is a very subtle version & I think it looks nice. I'd be happy to wear it - though it appears it might be too long for me. Unfortunately, most fashions have exaggerated versions that look awful.

I was heading to my car in a parking lot yesterday and noticed that a woman walking toward me had a top (or cardigan; can't recall which) with an exaggerated sharkbite hemline. It occurred to me it looked like she was dressed in rags. 

The Nygard sharkbite hem tunic tops do come in missy, petite, and plus sizes for most styles. This style has been a staple of Nygard for about 3 years. The petite version is only 2 inches shorter than the regular length. I think the length of the missy top is about 29 or 30 inches. I'm 5'5" so I'm average height. These tops do tend to run a bit big and I wear a size L in them. In most clothes I wear a size 14-16 and in tops I generally wear a size L or XL depending on the brand.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

Hem lines that I hate and should die a quick death for I will never buy them in this life:

- Shark bite hems

- Hi-low hems

- asymetrical hems

- car wash hems

- fringe hems

Why can't we just have classic hem lines that everyone loves like:

- straight hems

- tulip hems

- gored hems

The classic designers understand this and their clothes are always in demand and timeless.

@Good4u  Good grief!  This is one of the most self--centered posts I've ever read on this board.   The hems in your first category should go away and not even be available to people who like to wear them!   And I have new for you, not "everyone loves" the hems in your second group.  In fact, I don't like  the second two at all esp. tulip and straight hems are OK but not my style any more.  I grew tired of them.

Good grief though - everyone should conform to your own style and what you like, the rest shouldn't even be available?  There are other people in the world who choose to dress differently from you --- but you don't want to tolerate that?  

Look, you don't like my opinion, so what?  The fashion horses can chase all the trendy nonsense they want, but it will never be the beautiful, timeless and chic clothing that make women beautiful.  I doubt you will see men admiring women in any shark bite clothing soon.  In fact, most men hate it and so do many, many women.    Alternate realities appear to be only in the eye of the beholder and that includes the first list of hems that need to go away.

Esteemed Contributor

Andreatoo wrote:

Trixx wrote:

Regardless of how frequently a thread topic appears on the forums, more often than not there's someone responding to the latest one who has not seen or responded in the previous ones.  

I can't use the word hate in relation to clothes because even if I don't like a style, I've seen someone rocking the look.  You won't see me in a sharkbite top, but for those who can't get enough of them, I'm happy for you.  

@Trixx

That's an interesting characterization..

Who are 'those'?

@Andreatoo, I think it's clear that  I used the word "those " in the context of meaning those ladies who like sharkbite hemlines.  The follow up sentence should be interpreted as I'm happy that anyone who is shopping for sharkbite hemlines has plenty of item choices and price points out there.  That certainly can't be said for all styles at the moment.  If you're trying to read anything else into the pst you're way off.