Honored Contributor

Re: Sharif Fans...final HSN shows!

Sharif Leather Handpainted Bucket Crossbody
519-490
Sharif Leather Handpainted Bucket Crossbody

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know Sharif's age, he's no spring chicken.  I remember handbags of his my mother purchased at at Saks when I was a kid.  One of the first bags I bought for myself as a young working woman was a brown suede Sharif.  I'm going back 40-50 years with those memories.  

I can't say that I blame him for getting out of design and manufacturing to enjoy the rest of his life.  To continue to create bags the way he does in leathers and suedes the prices would have to jump to $400, even at HSN prices.  If that speculation has truth in it, I can totally agree with his decision to ride off in the sunset.  I will relish all of the Sharif bags I still own even more knowing that there will be no more.  I was going to pass on the mini print crossbody, but I think I'll order it now. I want Lady Liberty which someone has posted a pic of already.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of some of his painted bags but I've bought quite a few of the others. They always get noticed. I had no idea he was leaving. 

Honored Contributor

His leather handbags are works of art... I remember stopping cold when I saw one for the first time in Nordstrom many many years ago.  Even on the sale table it was out of my reach at the time but I held it, inspected it and touched it ALLLLL over until I put it back down and *sniff* walked away..... exceptional handbags, they really are!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Sharif Handpainted Leather Tote and Wristlet Set
519-491
Sharif Handpainted Leather Tote and Wristlet Set

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Anushka on evine is all hand painted (from India) as well.

Not a fan but I see lots of 5 star reviews.

I might not mind an RFID wallet though..

730-193- Anuschka Hand-Painted Leather RFID Blocking Flap-over Wallet

Honored Contributor

I never watch HSN anymore, no reason.  I just don't.  But I couldn't sleep last night and I was channel surfing and I watched a few minutes of the Sharif show.  I wondered why he and the host seemed emotional.  He also looked  very old.  I remember thinking "he looks like he's tired of doing that".  He's doing what many older people do, he's scaling back.  He going to work fewer hours and do the thing he loves.  Good luck and good fortune to him.

Respected Contributor

Sad!  I have several Sharif bags. Thanks for this post -  I just picked up the lady liberty wristlet.   Just thinking that I have a beautiful purse of his I got last year.  I need to pull it out before winter is over and use it.  I also last year picked up a large purse in the "Bohemian" stlye that gets lots of compliments whenever I carry it.   

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:
Sharif Handpainted Leather Crossbody Bag
503-381
Sharif Handpainted Leather Crossbody Bag

LOVE IT Chi!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Because I have no willpower I went back and got this one:

sharif-embroidered-crossbody-with-leather-trim-d-20160601174146953~477796_alt3.jpg

Here is the one I got last year that is so pretty in person:

8fdb3ee484b2db54229da5cf1804f83d.jpg