Honored Contributor

Shared My Linea Enthusiasm with 'Fashion Plate' Church Friend

In a message or two, I have alluded to a woman at church whom I regard as the parish's "fashion plate." Well, we talked at coffee after services today, and she began lamenting about how she could not find desirable, suitable new clothing. Although she has a slim (probably will be an XS for QVC) build and good legs, she prefers her hemline below the knee. Well, of course I had to proselytize about Linea.

She said that this past Friday and Saturday she had gone to: Macy's, Saks, Neiman Marcus and then Lord & Taylor. She found nothing she wanted! Much of the clothing, she thought, seemed directed at a younger demographic. She does not dress like a fuddy-duddy; I don't want anyone to think that. She is current and fresh in her approach to clothing.

I wrote down the QVC Internet address and the name of the line. I reminded her that my fuchsia outfit she complimented last fall was Linea. She remembered it and remarked that she liked my classic wardrobe (that is mostly Linea, of course). Hope she has successful shopping along with us.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shared My Linea Enthusiasm with 'Fashion Plate' Church Friend

That was very nice of you to share Linea with her. I bet she will be very pleased if she decides to order.

Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 RetRN said:

That was very nice of you to share Linea with her. I bet she will be very pleased if she decides to order.

It was a bit risky to suggest QVC as she is the wife a very successful retired doctor. (There are probably lots of successful doctors wives buying from QVC -- if not successful female doctors themselves -- but I did not know if she would be "offended" that I suggested it. Actually, she did not know QVC sold clothing. When I mentioned my fuchsia outfit that she liked, she was interested.)

I think she will like the prices as well as the product.

Honored Contributor

Really? All those stores and the fashion plate found nothing that she liked? Quite interesting. I'm sure she'll buy thousands of dollars of Linea and love it all.....lol

Honored Contributor

Just quoting what she related to me. She has a good build, but I think she was looking for something other than what she found. Doubt if she'll spend "thousands of dollars," but I hope she will try something == and be very pleased.

Trusted Contributor

Friends here frequently ask me where I get my clothes. Jewelry as well. But when I tell them online from QVC their jaws drop! :-). That's OK, though. We are a small and close knit community, and I don't have to worry about anyone wearing the same thing that I am. I remember at one event no fewer then THREE women were wearing the same Talbot's dress!

Honored Contributor

Goldie, a bargain is a bargain and no matter what your income level, everyone wants a bargain and value for what they are paying for.

People compliment me on my clothing too and I tell them its from QVC and I get the same reaction as Barb in Va. gets.

Home shopping still has a long way to go in terms of removing the stigma of shopping from your TV. You can thank those inferior network shopping programs like Jewelry TV for instance. IMO it looks like it was filmed in someone's garage studio! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I also think that there is more than a little incredulity on the part of friends here. Also, many women don't like the idea of buying anything they can't both try on and personally inspect. They don't shop from catalogs, either.

Trusted Contributor

I used to tell people who were surprised that I shop here and am successful, that it is much easier to go to the post office now & then for a return, then to spend half a day shopping in the stores & find nothing!
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Goldie, a bargain is a bargain and no matter what your income level, everyone wants a bargain and value for what they are paying for.

People compliment me on my clothing too and I tell them its from QVC and I get the same reaction as Barb in Va. gets.

Home shopping still has a long way to go in terms of removing the stigma of shopping from your TV. You can thank those inferior network shopping programs like Jewelry TV for instance. IMO it looks like it was filmed in someone's garage studio! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

JJM, you are preaching to the choir with this thought. In fact, I become even more attracted to something I am drawn to if it is a bargain, to boot. There is some element in my makeup that makes this so. I realize there are those who feel better about a purchase if it is not a bargain and carries a powerful price tag. I am not that person.

Also, your analysis of why some online shopping has a bad name is probably right. But lines like Linea change the thinking of people, I believe.

By the way, I explained Louis's elite background in the fashion world to my friend. He arrived at QVC with quite an illustrious background and is still making fashion history, as far as I'm concerned. His is an exceptional story.

Louis makes it possible for us to shop at a venue other than Talbot's (cute story, Barbara) or Macy's or Neiman Marcus or Saks. His fashions and jewelry are made the best he can manage to produce and strike the fancy of many discerning women. (I regard Linea women as discerning.) May he always be blessed.

And Marian is so right about not having to schlep body and bags around the malls in search of a particular clothing or jewelry need. The occasional drop-off and punitive shipping cost are oftentimes preferred to days in quest of an item. After church, I did go to Lord & Taylor, then to Macy's and then to J.C. Penney. I wasn't looking for clothing, though. It was tiring but the walk was good for my health. So sorry to see Coldwater Creek getting ready to close. It is at my local mall, having its last gasps.