Respected Contributor

Shapers where the “end” shows

Sometimes when wearing a shaper under lighter colored pants, it's easy to spot the band bulge where the shaper stops somewhere on the thigh. Maybe some people don't know that they make longer ones that wouldn't create that line/bulge situation that is visible to everyone. A certain host may or may not benefit from this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shapers where the “end” shows

And there it is...mean girl host bashing.

Valued Contributor

Offering an undergarment suggestion is host bashing?

Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Sometimes when wearing a shaper under lighter colored pants, it's easy to spot the band bulge where the shaper stops somewhere on the thigh. Maybe some people don't know that they make longer ones that wouldn't create that line/bulge situation that is visible to everyone. A certain host may or may not benefit from this. 

Why not suggest it to "a certain host" on her FB page?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

The easy thing to do is cut off a pair of control top hose at the ankle.  When put on, the cut area ends up at the knee.

Very old hack!

Honored Contributor

If the "line of demarcation" shows - you are wearing your clothes too tight.

Honored Contributor

Everytime those type of shapers are presented and they say you cannot see where they end...well, yes you can.  Some people may not care but I do.

I have footless thights that are thin and that is what I wear when I feel the need.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I do not wear tight pants...but under certain fabrics, especially summer weight fabrics the line shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I do not wear tight pants...but under certain fabrics, especially summer weight fabrics the line shows.

ITA ... it's not about wearing too tight of pants. There are certain light colored pants I own in linen and in cotton that are unlined and I feel I need "something" underneath the pants. It's more about modesty than anything else. And yes, you can see those shaper garments that end above the knee and it's not look I want for myself.

I have the footless pantyhose things from the inexpensive Spanx line -- Assets (I think is name). They are very light weight, but no, I do not wear them on the hottest day of the year. I've also pay more attention now to the weight/color of pants and try to avoid wearing pants where I feel I need something underneath. The nice thing about these is they don't roll up and cause discomfort. I adust the band by folding over the hose part so I can wear these w/ different length pants. Most of my summer pants I wear these w/ are ankle or capri length.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Its a general suggestion, not host bashing unless you can identify the host.