Honored Contributor

I looked for a thread on these shapers, didn't see one.

Has anyone tried it?

I need a miracle!

I've had so many tummy surgeries, it's so misshapen and bulges in odd ways.

I see the ads on the internet & TV, they look great.

I have not had much luck using shapers, they are not comfortable and too compressing.   I can't stand that feeling on my tummy

I have Crohns, my tummy is rarely happy

What do you think, should I try one?

Shapermint   <Link

Respected Contributor

@software I thought about trying the shapermint but after reading the reviews on Amazon I decided against it. The most common complaint was that the shaper was snug and rolled in the back. I would say try it out but purchase from a company that will give you your money back (hassle free) if you don't like it. 

Super Contributor
Have you tried the Jockey Skimmies Slipshort?
They aren’t compression but feel good on. I wear them under dresses and they kinda smooth things out.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@3blackdogs 

They are my staple with dresses, I wear them all Summer long

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I had the Jockie panty that was a bit longer in the leg, maybe thigh length...it rolled up all day, but the fabric is nice.

Honored Contributor

@3blackdogs wrote:
Have you tried the Jockey Skimmies Slipshort?
They aren’t compression but feel good on. I wear them under dresses and they kinda smooth things out.

Yes, I bought a pair, they do nothing for me.

It smooths things but I still look lumpy

Honored Contributor

@software @Looser styles are in now so you can be comfortable without the shapers.I can’t stand that compressed feeling either so I love that body hugging styles are not the only choice.

Honored Contributor

I see the ads all the internet and they never fail to make me laugh...out loud.  First those hugh bulbous soft floppy bellies. I always think Pillsbury Dough Boy...LOL  And then all that "stuff" squeezes so easily into those shaping panties and the magic happens....LOL   Nope.  I don't believe it for a minute.  There are indeed some great...and very comfortable shapers out there but I find that if a woman believes she doesn't like shapers, if she thinks that they have to be uncomfortable then nothing is ever going to changer her mind.  No one has to wear a shaper (or anything else) if she doesn't want to.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@software @Looser styles are in now so you can be comfortable without the shapers.I can’t stand that compressed feeling either so I love that body hugging styles are not the only choice.

I'm not into body hugging, with my tummy issues, tight clothes are uncomfortable.

But even with a roomy  pair of pants in the style of a track pants, my tummy is very lumpy, bigger on one side than the other.    

I see people looking so I know it's obvious.   I like wearing clothes that FIT, not loose.

Jockey skimmies was suggested.   I have a pair, it does nothing.    I'm thinking by trying something that goes above the waist may help.   I still haven't ordered.

I've looked at everything out at retail, over & over again with no luck.    My problem is just going to be my problem with no solution