Honored Contributor

Re: Shania Twain Honored at Black & White Ball

That dress Shania is wearing looks like something that Barbara Mandrell would have worn back in the day and would be hanging in the County Music Hall of Fame by now.  

Esteemed Contributor

Shania is a beautiful woman who looks terrible here. I don't like her dress at all. It does nothing for her.

Marie looks great in that dress. But her face IMO just doesn't look right.Too much Botox, fillers etc. I don't understand why celebrities insist on fixing things that aren't broken.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Shania is a beautiful woman who looks terrible here. I don't like her dress at all. It does nothing for her.

Marie looks great in that dress. But her face IMO just doesn't look right.Too much Botox, fillers etc. I don't understand why celebrities insist on fixing things that aren't broken.

@NicksmomESQ  I agree, Marie looks fabulous in that dress.

There's no doubt Marie has had work done on her face. When I see pictures of her online or when I see her on The Talk, I can't get past the lip implants.

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Lots of plastic on Marie's face!

Even more plastic on Shania’s face...almost did not recognize her.

Honored Contributor

They both look beautiful but I like Marie's gown better.  Marie looks amazing but she doesn't look like Marie Osmond anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I got sidetracked looking at Shania's handsome husband!

Honored Contributor

I don't like Shania's dress.  For some reason, it looks matronly.  Marie's dress is lovely.  Would also look great on Shania!  While Marie looks beatiful, I honestly have to say I did not recognize her at first.  I thought it was Carrie Ann Inauba (sp).  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think they both look great in these pics.  Plastic surgery or not. 

Marie looks svelte in her gown, but the side view of her reminds me of Queen Victoria (up top).

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They both look beautiful but I like Marie's gown better.  Marie looks amazing but she doesn't look like Marie Osmond anymore.  

I agree, @chrystaltree .  Marie looks good, but she looks like Dr. Lee (Dr. Pimple Popper)  Her eyes look Asian to me.

I also can't stand the look of her nails - so long and pointed.  I remember years ago on a doll show with MaryBeth, Marie told her that she should square off her nails and they would look better. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

I've not seen picture of either of these two ladies in a very long time.  Honestly, I didn't really recognize either until you said their names. 

Marie looks too distorted from her god-given face.  It is a shame so many try and keep youthful when it has failed.  So sad.  Going under the knife did her no favor.  Though she has managed to keep her weight down.  The dress is just typical and unremarkable.

Shania at least has not undergone the knife and is fuller in the face than I saw her last.  And her gown is dowdy and matronly for such a middle aged woman who was honored that evening.  Perhaps she is just feeling her age.