Contributor

I notice Leah never shakes hands or hugs any of the guest vendors on her shows.  It always seems so ackward and weird for a few minutes.  Other hosts shake hands and even hug sometimes.  I was curious as to why she is so stand-off-ish with her guests.

Trusted Contributor

Fear of Covid?

Respected Contributor

I do not think anyone posting here knows.

You could ask her on her Facebook page. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@schorsch   Since you're so curious and have the need to know, why don't you go on Facebook and ask HER?  I'm sure the rest of us have no idea what's in her head.  Thank God she doesn't hug though; we had more than enough of that.  Constant posts here opposing the practice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I think it's a terrific behavior. 

The intimacy that QVC promoted for years is no longer requisite or welcomed. 

A comfortably distanced wave or head nod or bow is much more appropriate. 

QVC should more rigidly enforce a no kissing and/or hugging policy.  It's ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

@schorsch wrote:

I notice Leah never shakes hands or hugs any of the guest vendors on her shows.  It always seems so ackward and weird for a few minutes.  Other hosts shake hands and even hug sometimes.  I was curious as to why she is so stand-off-ish with her guests.

@schorsch @She's smart. 

Honored Contributor

This is just one more reason to love Leah.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I suspect that "officially" hosts and guests have been requested to refrain from the awkward hugs and kisses, but some hosts are willfully noncompliant.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shaking Hands

[ Edited ]

@schorsch wrote:

@schorsch   I feel the opposite as you.  I think it's much more professional, appropriate, considerate, and believable not to do all that phony kissing, hugging, hand shaking, etc. 

Why was it ever a part of the shows? It's just another sales gimmick.  The hosts want to get you in an excited (how many times do they use that word?) warm, loving, fuzzy feeling -- so you can get out your credit card and shop with them.

The hosts meet the vendors in advance of every show to go over any last minute details.  They see them on the set long before they show up in front of the camera.  They email and talk on the phone before their shows.  This has all been mentioned many times in the past.  All that hugging and hand shaking occurs before the show.  To do it again on air is called "acting."

It's all a ruse to make viewers think they are all one big happy extended family -- so if you like me as a host, buy this item from my "best friend who I love so very much!" 

Respected Contributor

Good for her.....