Respected Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

It's performed on national television with thousands viewing across the country, on the website and via the app.

So of course, naturally,  it's the business of anyone viewing as they can see it.

The perfunctory hysteria that it's "no one's business" is comical, to say the least. 

Yeah, kinda like when I or anyone asks where Alberti is, we get the "not your business" and get accused of stalking a host.  BTW, when will he be back?  lol

Honored Contributor

Leah is not a phony and does what she feels is the appropriate thing for her, I respect that, a true professional.  

Honored Contributor

'Used to be', in office settings, hugging and kissing was / maybe still is (?)   a no-no.

But, now-a-days, it seems to me that things change, month by month, and/or week by week, and/or day by day.  

'All in all', whatever people do, they do.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, thank goodness (for me).   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

'Oh, wait'........No shaking hands before touching food, for each host/vendor's health and safety sake. 

That would be my suggestion.  

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I work in a professional setting and hand shaking was standard.  I really don't like to shake hands now since the pandemic.  Made me realize how many germs are spread and don't always have the opportunity to use hand sanitizer right away.

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with hugs and air kisses on the Q.  But I don't watch that much that I see it---all the time

And I've never noticed anyone show any uneasieness from it, but then again, I don't watch that much.

Seems some are bothered about a nervous laugh, too, saw that as a topic of another thread.  I don't see it!  But then again.....don't watch that much.

I don't even know what an uncomfortable/nervous laugh really is?  

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

'Used to be', in office settings, hugging and kissing was / maybe still is (?)   a no-no.

But, now-a-days, it seems to me that things change, month by month, and/or week by week, and/or day by day.  

'All in all', whatever people do, they do.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, thank goodness (for me).   

@ROMARY 

Eons ago I had to take a class about inappropriate touching in the work place. The HR person went around and asked if we knew why we were there and did we realize what we did wrong? I raised my hand and said I have no idea why I am here...I don't even work in the office.

So a gal I did not know said "you're here because I saw you touching Mark on the back, patting his back and hugging him as you walked down the hall. I found that offensive and inappropriate." When I said I was consoling Mark because he had just received bad news, this same gal said it didn't matter. No touching meant no touching.

So I took the HR class and after the class was over, the HR person told me she was sorry I had to attend, but that gal reported stuff all the time and demanded to attend the classes with the people she reported. I found the whole thing to be a sad.

I was not sorry when that gal moved on to another job.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Remember when Lisa Robertson would almost convulse when Dennis Basso would slobber all over her? (Not that she didn't set the tone for that behavior.)

I personally think it is somewhat awkward when a vendor has to walk up to the host at the time of presentation. I think it would look better if the host walked across the stage to where a vendor and his/her products were already on display.w

Honored Contributor

Thinking about this........Shaking hands is fine, as long as both people welcome it.

Around here, in my area, because of the pandemic, most / many people are still keeping their distance.  

We've run across folks in my neighborhood who have contracted Covid, even some time after shots. 

Only, most, thank goodness, not hospitalized except for one that we know.  

'All in all', I'm guessing that it depends on what's going on in our own neighborhoods/areas.

I think that Leah is being safe (and smart, depending on how we look upon it.)  (Our experiences, etc.)

Wishing us all well and safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Leah probably does none of it, b/c she doesn't want it to progress to having to KISS vendors or any of it. Handshakes progress to unbelievable kisses, hugs, (I love you, for gosh sakes). Give an inch and the Q hosts will take it to the furtherest extremes.