Respected Contributor

Re: Shades Of Brown For Fall

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

I would start with a good scarf that has brown and other shades.

These are probably more than you want to spend, but Coach has a partnership with Kaffe Fassett.

Coach Silk Oblong Scarf With Kaffe Fassett Print Purple/Pink Women Accessories Scarves

Coach Oblong Scarf With Kaffe Fassett Print Tan/Orange Women Accessories Scarves

Nordstrom Rack has this one by Modena.

Image of Modena Leopard & Stripe Print Scarf

Image of Modena Leopard & Stripe Print Scarf

Vince Camuto has this one at Saks Off 5th. Style code0400011584268

download (3).png

Wow. Those are great!  I adore Kaffe Fassett. @lolakimono 

Esteemed Contributor

I love brown and wear a lot of it in various shades.  IMHO, this is a neutral color and would work with ANYTHING.  I'm lazy....I get out a purse and carry it for months w/out regard to whether it goes with what I'm wearing or not.  That's just me though...LOL!  Honestly, as much as I love the world of fashion, I NEVER notice if somebody's handbag clashes with what they are wearing.  Shoes are a whole different ballgame though.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Bought this handbag yesterday, it's tan but mine is a lighter tan than this picture indicates. So now I'd like some brown sweaters/tops to go with it. 

I've always liked brown and I'm a brunette. I think the bag could go with lighter browns that are the right shade and darker browns. But brown is a difficult color to find.

Anyone have any items to share? I'm going to carry the bag a couple of times and see what I can find in Marshalls and TJM.

N19-914--00233-2.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21 

I kept looking at your gorgeous bag and wondered why it was so familiar ...  as I was going through my Patricia Nash bags I found this one that reminds me of yours ...

Image result for patricia nash arezzo leather saddle bag

Honored Contributor

@SoX Your bag is beautiful

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I too love the shade of brown and especially in the Fall months.  I'm always on the prowl for clothing items in lighter and deeper brown tones.  I know Gary Goben from D&Co. always mentions whenever they show something in brown it sells out.  So true!