Honored Contributor

Bought this handbag yesterday, it's tan but mine is a lighter tan than this picture indicates. So now I'd like some brown sweaters/tops to go with it. 

I've always liked brown and I'm a brunette. I think the bag could go with lighter browns that are the right shade and darker browns. But brown is a difficult color to find.

Anyone have any items to share? I'm going to carry the bag a couple of times and see what I can find in Marshalls and TJM.

N19-914--00233-2.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shades Of Brown For Fall

@Greeneyedlady21 pretty handbag! Very equestrian looking.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21looks like a forever bag to me!    Brown is my black and you're so right that sometimes just finding it is difficult -  and finding the shades we want is even harder.   Enjoy your new find.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I would start with a good scarf that has brown and other shades.

These are probably more than you want to spend, but Coach has a partnership with Kaffe Fassett.

Coach Silk Oblong Scarf With Kaffe Fassett Print Purple/Pink Women Accessories Scarves

Coach Oblong Scarf With Kaffe Fassett Print Tan/Orange Women Accessories Scarves

Nordstrom Rack has this one by Modena.

Image of Modena Leopard & Stripe Print Scarf

Image of Modena Leopard & Stripe Print Scarf

Vince Camuto has this one at Saks Off 5th. Style code0400011584268

download (3).png

Honored Contributor

I don’t wear brown very often, but I do like that tan shade with charcoal grey .. one of my fave color combos.
Respected Contributor

Nice bag.  That kind of tan is a neutral and goes with anything.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the bag at a TJ Maxx yesterday for $99 on clearance. It's a Brahmin. Sells on their site for $285 so it was a bargain. In perfect condition and the leather is so nice.

I think something marled like this sweater from JJill would be pretty with it too. Also olive green, I already wanted an olive sweater for fall anyway.

137961_2DJ.jpeg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Pretty. I don't know if  i could stuff my everyday 'purse stuff' into it ,but I could pare down when going where I wanted to look fashionable. 

I do love browns and thier family to add variety to the wardrobe after black /olives /and others that I tend to wear to start the autumn /winter seasons. I find it dificult to find brown pants sometimes except online.

Esteemed Contributor

Sharing two of mine:

fullsizeoutput_1ef.jpeg

I love the color brown!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, What a bargain!  Your bag is lovely and a forever classic.  I have a few Brahmin bags, and they are very high quality.  Enjoy your new beauty and wear it with happiness,