Frequent Contributor

Could not believe  what  I saw this morning, $50.00 for a turtle  neck  !!!!!!really  with shipping 53... I can get a really nice turtle  neck at JCP in there Liz line for $10.00.what is up with these prices??.Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

Haha, when I saw this thread, I thought it might be about Dan Hughes show this morning being interrupted at 7:30AM by a repeat SG presentation!  I kept waiting for it to switch back to Dan Hughes and his Christmas show but it never did.  

Valued Contributor

That was actually $50 for a set of TWO turtlenecks, but even then it's too pricey.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love Susan Graver clothing, but anymore, I see something I like, then I look at the price and think "I could get that at Kohls for at least half that price".  I have an entire shelf full of (mock) turtlenecks that I got at Kohls for near $5 each.  Cotton/spandex mix, and I only wear them for a few months out of the year so they are lasting forever.  I specified mock because that's my preference, but they usually have the regular turtlenecks in a wider variety of colors and sometimes even a lower price.

Honored Contributor

@Coco Butter Bean  Years ago when SG first brought out these butter knit set of 2 turtlenecks I scooped up a bunch of them.  Thought they'd be great to wear under sweaters, jackets and the like but butter knit is NOT at all a warm fabric to wear in the cold weather.  Just makes me/you colder in fact.  Doesn't warm up to the skin while you have it on.  What a total waste of a lot of money! I ended up giving all of them away.

The only good I can say is that they were great colors.

Honored Contributor

You certainly can find a turtleneck for less, but I can't imagine a $10 shirt from JCP that would be wearable after 2 washings while all of my SG last way too long.

I made my last JCP clothing purchases a few years ago -  PJ's on sale (supposedly by LizC) -  I'd be embarrassed to wear them in case I passed away during the night!

Valued Contributor

You certainly can buy turtle neck shirts at a 10.00 price point that hold up very well after many washings.  I own many that have been worn for at least 2 seasons

Granted most of them were bought on sale, but none of them came close to the full price QVC charges.

Honored Contributor

Two seasons?   I have turtle necks that have lasted 15 seasons,  There's no style to them, but in my whole life I never found style to be an important issue.

I would say though that people who are satisfied with what they buy should keep right on buying it.  To that end, i have found paying for SG gives me quality merchandise at a [price I'm willing to pay.  I just never once have found that at Kohls and for years and years also not at JCP. 

That's too bad because in the town whre I grew up, JCP was one of only 2 stores that sold any women's clothes and they had good quality then.  It doesn't surprise me at all that people who own their stock have lost 90% of their money in the last few years.  I won't drive out of my way to shop there and I certainly wouldn't buy from them online where I can't feel the fabric and see the workmsnship.

Esteemed Contributor

I think 2 turtlenecks for $50 is a great buy, particuarly given the good quality of SG's clothes. It sounds like several of you may disagree, but my observation has been that clothes EVERYWHERE have gone up in price.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry I responded to OP.  She obviously doesn't like SG enough to be accurate in her putdown of SG quality.  Now I really know what she said has no value for me.

People need to be accurate when they state facts.  They're entitled to their own opinions, but the opinions are pretty worthless when the facts they are based on are so inaccurate. 

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it-  and not discussing this issue further.