Esteemed Contributor

Re: Several items on my wishlist just went up in price!

Interesting.  I don't have many items on my wish list, but even those "sold out" items have gone up in price.  I knew one of the items was on a "this show only price", but was surprised that the others went up as well.  Another good reason not to order clothing that I don't need, but just like.  

Honored Contributor

Prices and shipping and return costs are the main reasons I don't shop much at all from QVC. The Q card balance I just paid was $5.00, from 2 easy pays on two bargains.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at a Dennis Basso coat from last winter . The price looks higher . No sale on winter coats now that it's 90 degrees on the east coast .

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

I was looking at a Dennis Basso coat from last winter . The price looks higher . No sale on winter coats now that it's 90 degrees on the east coast .

Exactly! I'm in the east coast 95 degree days, and see no discounts on winter coats. In fact, the coat I wanted went up $5.00. I mean really..... how many do they think they're going to sell with a higher price in 90° weather? They are beginning to alienate their audience.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Steffdoggy10   @MandyG06 

I just went back to my wishlist...over 20 now with price increases! I think that is the most I have EVER seen at any given time...say a 24 hour period. 

holy-cow-smiley.gif

And the day is not over yet folks...dahblink.gif

Another update...

I'm going to guess and say about 75% of my wishlist has now gone up in price. I have never seen this before...not this many all at once. There would always be a few here and there sometimes daily while other prices on other items went down. I don't have 1 item currently on my wishlist that went down in price...not a single one.

Sign of the times is rearing it's ugly head. I knew it was just a matter of time...well, it seems to have has arrived.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

Yikes! Not good. Guess I'll go check the prices on items I've saved for later. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Same thing on my wish list! I wonder if that means there is going to be a free shipping day soon?

Yea , free shipping $3.50 and all the items marked up atleast $5. I don't expect any  real sales on any QVC items as I  have seen in the past  at  B&M stores , some who also have online businesses.It's hard to resist if you see 30% off and free shipping from  other comapnies on clothing  items that I may like. Also other companies don't play a game in charging you return shipping on your credit card  like QVC if you choose to send back as self pay instead of using their return label.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte wrote:

Interesting.  I don't have many items on my wish list, but even those "sold out" items have gone up in price.  I knew one of the items was on a "this show only price", but was surprised that the others went up as well.  Another good reason not to order clothing that I don't need, but just like.  

@LindaLatte  Yea, a few on my wishlist too. That can happen because in case there is a possible return and/or cancellation and the item becomes in stock again, that is the price it will be when/if that occurs.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise  When they have another sale they may roll back prices and pat themselves on the back exclaiming what a great sale they are having for the customers that they so love and appreciate.  I will not buy anything until there is a significant roll back. Who do they think they're trying to kid! Very insulting.